anyone know what this is ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice little drum set. get some pic's around the frame and sides of the drums.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I will get some better pics tomarro morning, the guy i got it from called it a donkey,was using it somehow as a pile driver he said.

Run the cable thru a block on top of a tower & one has a pile driver.

That's really cool, and like a lot of the machinery from that era, it looks like it's main fuel is fingers and hands

Just a small double drum yarder. A lot of them got mounted on old trucks with an a frame on the back. Kind of before my time. I think they quit making them in the 50s.

The picture titled Little Tugger is an old Fordson. I've only seen them in the bone yard. Skagit, Clyde and Western Machinery made versions. My Dad said they weren't much but they were cheap. You get what you pay for I guess.

with that light frame i would say its out of a crain or small loader a lot of ceder maggets used them a lot and they worked good for that ,and it could of came off a ship.but not made for a yarder,,,alley

i talked to the guy i got it from ,he said years ago it had floats on the sides and somehow they were putting pilings in for docks at the lake by here ,i guess they cant put the wood pilings in anymore ,have to be composite now so it was retired ,i have seen similar setups on back of old 50's trucks ,my step dad used to have a yarder on a truck chassis ,old outdated stuff now

Latest posts

Back