Anyone know where I can get Poulan parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuddhaKat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a Poulan 2450 that needs a new primer bulb. Anyone here a Poulan dealer? I'm pretty sure I need a new bulb because when the saw is warm, but off for a little while, it won't start. Pressing the bulb clearly results in sucking air sounds. Really sucks to get the saw started when that happens. I have to run it off ether until it gets its prime back.

What series carb do you have on your saw.The part you need is actually gonna be a walbro if Im not mistaken.I have some on hand but the shipping would be more than the part.Any small engine shop should be able to help you.

Moose

What series carb do you have on your saw.The part you need is actually gonna be a walbro if Im not mistaken.I have some on hand but the shipping would be more than the part.Any small engine shop should be able to help you.

Moose

Yep- Those are universal primer bulbs that fit probably a hundred applications.

You might try Sears Parts web site, can search for Sears or Poulan parts there. You can also search Ebay, Lots of Poulan parts on there. Lots of saw parts dealers have stores on there also. Not to mention saw salvage places that part out used saws.
Gregg:)

I have a Poulan 2450 that needs a new primer bulb. Anyone here a Poulan dealer? I'm pretty sure I need a new bulb because when the saw is warm, but off for a little while, it won't start. Pressing the bulb clearly results in sucking air sounds. Really sucks to get the saw started when that happens. I have to run it off ether until it gets its prime back.
but if you are having trouble with it do as mark said go to poulan website and at the bottom you will see where it says service locater fill in the info it asked for zip code in the first block then scroll down to chainsaws then first try the 10 miles and click that green arrow to the right of them boxes if it says it cannot find any then go to 25 miles and so on

if you still cannot find any then chances are there are not any in your area if that is the case then you can talk to me or kyle both of us are authorized poulan dealers

but in different states

besides i dont think his issue is with the primer bulb the primer bulb will not cause a unit to not want to start after it is warmed up all the primer is used for is to draw gas from the tank into the carb body
and on the 2450 s 2150s the primer bulb is not on the carb itself it is seperate and also it is a special poulan besides this is his primer bulb for that saw

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/primer-bulb-1-2-3-4-5-6.html
look at the symptoms
because when the saw is warm, but off for a little while, it won't start

what does this tell you ?
Kat have you checked your muffler diffuser and the screen inside the muffler for crud and grit and grime ? there is two screws on the muffler remove them screws it should pull the cap off but make sure before you do this that the saw is cold not warm otherwise it may cause burns

but after you remove that muffler cap check to see if the screen and the diffuser is clean ed

if they are plugged up then that may be your hard to start issue

has the saw been bogging down any ? under serge ? possible carb issue diaphragm not working properly

has the saw been stopping when it gets warmed up alot ? if this is the case i would look at your ignition being the cause of the problem

see these are questions us service centers look at you can say the saw is the patient and we are the doctors and in order for us to diagnose it we have to know these things cause it could be something totally differnet going on with it than we think it is

hope this helps you out some if not solve the problem with the saw

if it helps find the problem then i have done my job

also one more thing the carburetor adapter which is located behind the carburetor and connects to the cylinder if this part gets loose cause it is well known that the mount screws do have a tendency to come loose i seen it more than once guy brings in a 2450 says it wont start i went and took the carb off inspected the carb adapter and found it was the screws had came loose from the cylinder in other words it created a air leak which in turn caused issues with running and hard starting so check that area also

Last edited:
may i suggest you all to remember you have sponsors on this forum that sale poulan parts does sears sponsor AS ?

besides go ahead and order from sears you be paying them above msrp price

Not to mention a high rate for shipping. I've had good dealings with Bowman Repair Service. http://www.bowmanrepairservice.com/

He also has a store on Ebay where you can make an offer on the part if he has what you are looking for. http://stores.ebay.com/Bowmans-Repair-Service

Last edited:
umm did you guys not see that lawnmowertech is a autherized poulan dealer. why go outside when there are a ton of dealers on this site that are here to help.

Well the reason I posted what I did was for the fact if there was a local dealer close he could avoid $5-10 shipping charges for a $3 part.

And are not alot of members here always preaching supporting local dealers?

Last edited:
read my edited post got some key pointers i dont think he has a issue with primer bulb

my last comment i think is where the issue is on here
also one more thing the carburetor adapter which is located behind the carburetor and connects to the cylinder if this part gets loose cause it is well known that the mount screws do have a tendency to come loose i seen it more than once guy brings in a 2450 says it wont start i went and took the carb off inspected the carb adapter and found it was the screws had came loose from the cylinder in other words it created a air leak which in turn caused issues with running and hard starting so check that area also

Last edited:
may i suggest you all to remember you have sponsors on this forum that sale poulan parts does sears sponsor AS ?

besides go ahead and order from sears you be paying them above msrp price but if you are having trouble with it do as mark said go to poulan website and at the bottom you will see where it says service locater fill in the info it asked for zip code in the first block then scroll down to chainsaws then first try the 10 miles and click that green arrow to the right of them boxes if it says it cannot find any then go to 25 miles and so on

if you still cannot find any then chances are there are not any in your area if that is the case then you can talk to me or kyle both of us are authorized poulan dealers

but in different states besides i dont think his issue is with the primer bulb the primer bulb will not cause a unit to not want to start after it is warmed up all the primer is used for is to draw gas from the tank into the carb body and on the 2450 s 2150s the primer bulb is not on the carb itself it is seperate and also it is a special poulan besides this is his primer bulb for that saw

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/primer-bulb-1-2-3-4-5-6.html
look at the symptoms

what does this tell you ?
Kat have you checked your muffler diffuser and the screen inside the muffler for crud and grit and grime ? there is two screws on the muffler remove them screws it should pull the cap off but make sure before you do this that the saw is cold not warm otherwise it may cause burns but after you remove that muffler cap check to see if the screen and the diffuser is cleaned if they are plugged up then that may be your hard to start issue has the saw been bogging down any ? under serge ? possible carb issue diaphragm not working properly has the saw been stopping when it gets warmed up alot? if this is the case i would look at your ignition being the cause of the problem see these are questions us service centers look at you can say the saw is the patient and we are the doctors and in order for us to diagnose it we have to know these things cause it could be something totally differnet going on with it than we think it is hope this helps you out some if not solve the problem with the saw if it helps find the problem then i have done my job
Not to worry about going to Sears. I wouldn't waste good pizz on them if they were on fire. Had to sue them for f'n up my roof. Bad experience, but at least I won. :buttkick:

I don't like either of the two local Poulan dealers so I was trolling for an AS member if possible.

Interesting points about the maintenance. Truthfully, other than keeping everything clean and the occasional plug change, I've never done anything else to the saw. Other than this one issue the saw actually runs great. It can be a little testy on first start when it's real cold, and it doesn't idle for very long, but I just need to give the jets a tweak for that. Power is still pretty good for a 10ish year old saw. No stalls under WOT or during a big cut. One thing I know I'm going to change now that I've started reading these forums is to quit using cheap gas and cheaper oil. I run at 32:1, but it's the cheap mix from Home Depot. My Bad. :chainsaw:

I do have to say, other than not having a mfg name that starts with an S or H, this has actually been a pretty darn good saw. Considering I bought it at Home Depot and paid around $130 I'm pretty darn happy with it. That included the case too. But I'll pop the muffler off and give it a cleaning. Maybe even port it a little if there's enough of a mismatch. I probably should change the clutch while I'm at it cause the sprocket has some wear. But the plan is to buy a new pro saw and use the Poulan for limbing since it's so light.

One thing I would like to do is get a different bar. I'm using the Home Depot special but neither the bar or chain lasts very long. Oregon doesn't make a bar that will fit this saw though, according to Bailey's. I'm not even sure what the pitch is.

Online Shopping cart

Hey lawnmowertech,

I just went to your website and discovered that you're using CS-Cart as your online shopping cart. Very cool! :clap: In the real world I'm a CS-Cart Authorized Dealer. My company does hosting, CS-Cart, and merchant services.

Hands down, for the price, CS-Cart can't be beat. If you ever have any questions about it feel free to contact me at anytime. I help everyone I can. If I don't know the answer, I can sure get it for you.

That's the wierdest thing I have heard, about Oregon not making a bar for that. It's a A041 mount that fits a gazillion saws, Poulan, Echo, Husky, the list goes on.

Must have been a misunderstanding somewhere.

Last edited:
Hey lawnmowertech,

I just went to your website and discovered that you're using CS-Cart as your online shopping cart. Very cool! :clap: In the real world I'm a CS-Cart Authorized Dealer. My company does hosting, CS-Cart, and merchant services.

Hands down, for the price, CS-Cart can't be beat. If you ever have any questions about it feel free to contact me at anytime. I help everyone I can. If I don't know the answer, I can sure get it for you.

i think we talked on the phone couple months ago i am just curious your first name is not start with a M does it ? and end with a E ?
what size of bar you seeking ?

Last edited:
Yep, it's me, Mike from NVone. :givebeer:

16" or 18" is all. If you have these parts in stock I'll order them from you.

Last edited:
I am sorry if I offended some folks on here by mentioning Sears or Ebay. They were just a couple of options that came to mind off top of my head. Guess i`ll just keep my mouth shut from now on..:confused: But it does seem odd that if Buddhakat and Lawnmowertech37 know of each other and have talked to each other, He would allready know where to get parts for a Poulan..Geeeez, Was just tryin to help!

Gregg

I am sorry if I offended some folks on here by mentioning Sears or Ebay. They were just a couple of options that came to mind off top of my head. Guess i`ll just keep my mouth shut from now on..:confused: But it does seem odd that if Buddhakat and Lawnmowertech37 know of each other and have talked to each other, He would allready know where to get parts for a Poulan..Geeeez, Was just tryin to help!

Gregg

gregg im not offended so at first i did not know this was someone i knew besides i know ebay is where most people go to so no need to feel bad about this im just saying that sears is ok to look up parts at but im trying to look out for the consumer in spending there hard earned income bottom line is sears is greedy people when it comes to there prices on things im just letting everyone be aware of it some folks are not even aware of it but i am so dont feel bad gregg you did not know these things no need to feel bad about it

im sorry too about jumping the line i should of said it much nicer way

can you forgive me for my statement ?

thanks
calvin

You should probably replace fuel lines at the same time. I just fixed a Poulan/Craftsman with a cracked primer bulb, turns out the fuel lines were rotted off, too. New fuel lines and it runs "good" now...

Latest posts

Back