Anyone near Southern RI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svon89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been collecting wood for a while now, and haven't been able to bring myself to chip up smaller stuff. I have a good solid load (a cord or better) of stuff about the size of your wrist upto the size of your fist. Mostly in 4' lengths. Anyone know of someone in need, or would be really interested in it. I would rather give it to someone who needs it than feed it through the chipper.

If I posted this in the wrong spot please move it. I am not a company with firewood, just an individual with enough extra that I don't want it to rot.

I have been collecting wood for a while now, and haven't been able to bring myself to chip up smaller stuff. I have a good solid load (a cord or better) of stuff about the size of your wrist upto the size of your fist. Mostly in 4' lengths. Anyone know of someone in need, or would be really interested in it. I would rather give it to someone who needs it than feed it through the chipper.

If I posted this in the wrong spot please move it. I am not a company with firewood, just an individual with enough extra that I don't want it to rot.

I assume you're collecting wood with the purpose of using it as fuel.
Most roadside scavengers go for this smaller stuff first, maybe because they don't have to split it. I sure wouldn't toss it; instead, I use a cheapie Harbor Freight table saw to buzz it to size for my stove. Quick, and minimal amount of wood converted to chips.

My cousin Frank lives in Westerly on Oak St., he may be interested as I know he burns. I will PM you with contact info. Dave

Got the info. I will try and give them a call later tonight.

Yes I collect wood for fuel, the problem is that where I have to store it is in an area where I am limited as to how much I can store. Last spring a friend was pulling out some logs and told me I could take all the tops. I took it all, now I just don't have the space to stack it all.

Back