Anyone running echo professionally?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I keep seeing videos of the cs620 and it is a screamer. Looks like a great little saw.
I used to hate the control layout for these with the choke lever and kill switch. But now it’s growing on me how it looks more like an old pro saw and I like that.

Was curious if anyone runs these day in and day out? Anyone with a favorite model?
Looks like they make up to 80ccs currently, or do they go bigger?

I keep seeing videos of the cs620 and it is a screamer. Looks like a great little saw.
I used to hate the control layout for these with the choke lever and kill switch. But now it’s growing on me how it looks more like an old pro saw and I like that.

Was curious if anyone runs these day in and day out? Anyone with a favorite model?
Looks like they make up to 80ccs currently, or do they go bigger?
I use my 620p, 501p, 355t professionally in my tree company and I’ll say they surpass everything you think about them. The 620p needed a new rear fuel tank assembly this august but my fault for not thinking too smart on a heavy leaner but it still runs like a husky 562xp or better and feels so strong in wood. I can’t complain about echo p branded chainsaws at all

No professional use here but I've been running a 620pw wearing a 24 bar for two years now. Gets used at least once a week. Clear cut a 5 acre lot with that and a 680 this fall. The 680 only left the truck a few times. I've got a couple cs8000s that are left on the mill. I'm pretty hard on my equipment and they have held up great. As soon as the warranty is up it's getting a muffler mod.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

The most appealing part about the Echo saws is that they DON'T have autotune, imo.
Yet.

And the answer to the question is No.
Except for a few isolated examples who use them in urban environments, for the most part

I think the up-charge from Echo's regular "farm" saws to the "pro" saws is far too much. Most buyers are casual users and we won't pay $200.00-$250.00 more for what amounts (for the most part) to a rim-sprocket, a metal front-handle, and a slightly fancier state of tune. This higher pro-saw price puts them too close to aggressively-priced Huskys and Stihls and higher than Makita/Dolmars, which are all considered by most to be more "pro" than Echo even though the Echo product is very good also.

Echo's marketing team is out of touch.

I think the up-charge from Echo's regular "farm" saws to the "pro" saws is far too much. Most buyers are casual users and we won't pay $200.00-$250.00 more for what amounts (for the most part) to a rim-sprocket, a metal front-handle, and a slightly fancier state of tune. This higher pro-saw price puts them too close to aggressively-priced Huskys and Stihls and higher than Makita/Dolmars, which are all considered by most to be more "pro" than Echo even though the Echo product is very good also.

Echo's marketing team is out of touch.

Don’t forget a different bar. ;)

A tree service in my town mentioned that they were gradually switching from Stihl to Echo due to price and reliability last I talked to them.

Latest posts

Back