Anyone still running xl12's?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blkcloud

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was digging around in a old house on my farm and found my xl12 I bought back in the early 80's second hand for $75 dollars iirc... I'm thinking of gassing it up to see if it would start.. Been years since it ran.. I bet I cut a semi truck load of firewood with that saw... You know.. In all the years I used it, it only failed once to start.. Iirc the ignition wire under the recoil got rubbed into.. I spliced it and went back to cutting!

Fixed this one for a firewood hack last week. Just the usual rotten line replacement and a carb kit. Runs like a champ. I try not to work on them but once in a while they end up on my bench. I hate them.

6edca33b6d4f828c2928262554ac947f.jpg

Nice roller nose Oregon for it even

bb157b3ea770d54a9935bf51debc1aac.jpg

Cut my teeth on a blue Super XL. They do cut good. The downside is when you shut the saw off your hands keep running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep a few around, they make great loaner saws, they always get brought back...LOL
I know several guys that still cut their firewood every year with them, one old fellow still cuts 6 - 8 cord with his SuperII and won`t even consider running a bigger or newer saw.

Latest posts

Back