Anyone tried a 575xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've seen them,and have read the numbers,but was wondering what these saws would do.I've had a couple of 372's and I liked them both.I now use 440's for average sized trunks and limbing.I was wondering how one of these would stack up against a 440.

Heavier, as is the MS441.....

...those new saws are putting us about 15-20 years back in time, conserning power to weight

Last edited:
I got that much from the catalog specs.Light weight is the biggest reason I like the 440.I have to keep the big saws readily available,but the 440 does most of the work.It pisses me off that Stihl is phasing the 440 out.I am going to buy as many as I can get my hands on this year as I was informed by my dealer that possibly next year,I won't be able to get a new one.I have a junkyard of spent 044/440's for parts,so it will suck to eventually have to pick a new mid sized saw and start over.:deadhorse:

Well dammit....I guess I'll go this week and pick up a couple of new 440's.Forget the saws I own,I run the 440's more than anything else,and I love them.I guess the new 441 will be as good or better,but I don't have a inventory of parts for it like I do for the 440.:blob2:

The 441 is a better saw than the 440 for a variety of reasons, its a little porky thgouh. The 575 is not a better saw than the 372 in any way.

I already love my 372xpg, even though it isn't run in yet - it is the easiest starting and smoothest saw I have ever run (20" bar and 73LP/H42 chain).

Really good for my arthritis riddled fingers........:yoyo: :yoyo:

I have always liked the 372.I've had two of them,and both were excellent saws.Is Husky bringing these saws back for good,or is this just a limited time thing?If they are coming back for good,then I guess that is what will replace my precious 440's

I don't want to step on anybodies feet, but other than being a little bit heavier, i like my 575. It's definetly DOES NOT cut like my 372, but it feels more comfortable to use. As for people complaining about them being cold blooded, i have to dis-agree (a little bit).No you can't just fire it up and start ripping through wood, but every piece of equipment i have i let warm up before i use it. Power is great but mild, it has alot of power but feels like it cuts better when its not screaming.

You're not steppin' on my feet,to each is own,that's why I started this thread.You're the first one to give me first hand user experience

I don't want to step on anybodies feet, but other than being a little bit heavier, i like my 575. It's definetly DOES NOT cut like my 372, but it feels more comfortable to use. ....

How could that be, the 372 feels perfect for me - even smoother than the 353.......:rockn: :rockn:

My father-in-law has a 440 and loves it. We've switched saws a couple of times and even he even said that when you first pick it up, yeah you can feel the weight difference, but once you start cutting with it, you don't even notice it. And the fact that it's more comfortable to use, and smoother cutting. And that's coming from a hard-core Stihl guy. But, he also said that he'd probably never buy one.

Latest posts

Back