Anyone tried this TimberlandSharpener?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no,but just went to site and looked at it,looks good and amazon had lot of 5 star reviews on it,it does seem little pricey tho

Yes, puts a better edge on my chains than the power grinder. With the Oregon, I always had to go over them and "tune" the chain. With this, the chain stays on the bar and with a couple turns is back to like new.

I had one and I didn't like it. If you are the kind that lets chains go to long in between sharpenings, then I don't think this would be the tool for you. I was that type and you would have to make several passes to remove all the damage.

Just like anything else, this tool has its place but will not replace all other sharpening methods.

I use a hand file, I only use the grinder when I hit something and smash a tooth (or several teeth). It is pricey, but I'd like to try it, looks well built.

I think you meant timberline sharpener? www.timberlinesharpener.com Looks interesting, would like to see one or try one out. I've tried a few different gadgets over the years but keep going back to the hand file which I've used since 1975. That was when my dad first let me run a saw and it didn't take me ten minutes to put the tip in the dirt so he showed me how to sharpen right then using a hand file; his saws always cut like a hot knife through butter and I thought I'd never get that good; but after years I'm there, and can probably have my chain done with the hand file by the time I had that gadget mounted/adjusted and ready.

I have had one for a year or so.. it works really good.. but..there is something about it I dont like.. not sure what it is.. never had any trouble filing just one of those people that has to buy every gadget out there... I just got a 12 volt sharpboy last week..

I bought these - one for 3/8 and one for the .325 So far its been the best I have used and I have tried a lot of them . you can really tell a difference in the Pfred files over any other ones I have used.

I bought one of these a few years back and used it a bunch. It works great for someone who use to hate to hand file chains.

I've got one and really like it.
I have a chain vise and use the timberline when sharpening multiple chains at one time. The chain vise makes the process much faster.
I hand file in the woods and the Timberline fixes any of my mistakes
It took me a few tries to get the hang of setting it up properly but once done, it does a good job.
If you have a badly damaged chain, it takes multiple passes to get things right but for routine sharpening, it works well.
If I didn't have a vise, I probably wouldn't use it nearly as much.

Latest posts

Back