Anyone Up for a Texas GTG - Fall 2018?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

I'm moving to San Antonio in July.

I'd be interested in participating and helping to organize a GTG in Texas this fall. Figure we'd want to do it after it cools off a bit. And perhaps somewhere that's not too ridiculously far from the population centers in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Austin.

Anyone interested? And what about recommendations on where and when?

I'd certainly bring along some cool saws to run - Jonsereds and Comet diesels, Solo and Echo twins, just about every model of vintage Jonsereds (111, XA, XB, XD, XG, XH, XF, 80, 90, etc), Stihl Contra S and Contra G and 090G, Dolmar rotary KMS-4, Dolmar 166, Mac 125 and 797, etc.

Your thoughts?

Scott

Count me in, I'd love to do this. The hardest part will be finding a neutral spot to host it, Texas is a huge state lol. Ideally somewhere in the Waco area would probably be the most central, but we will have to be flexible with that. I have 4000 acres at my disposal, but I am down on the coast so it's pretty far and out of the way for most. I agree that it would need to be no earlier than September because of the weather.

I don't have any cool vintage stuff, I am very interested in those diesel saws though and I have never run a Jonsered. I can bring the following, Stihl MS192T, MS201T C-M, MS261 C-M, MS441 R C-M.

I can bring my ported ms660, ported 046, ms361, McCulloch pro Mac 700, pro Mac 10-10, pro Mac 10-10s for sure. I need to do some work on the pro Macs though. Oh also Stihl 024, 056 Super, 056 magnum, and my 076 but it needs work even though it’ll run

Name dropper.

I don’t have a signature so I figured I’d throw out what I could bring. Unfortunately some need work and I don’t have the time to work on them right now. Hopefully I can before a gtg. Between the ms660, 046, and 056magII I don’t need to bring any others lol. Those keep my blood pumping

Back