What's YOUR Holy Grail Vintage Chainsaw List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saws, Martin! When we move back to the states in August, it will be difficult to resist the urge to start collecting Homey's and Poulan's. Just don't see many of them here.

Scott

Definitely hard to find them i try to buy everything i can lol

Attachments

• 67C90A28-BCB5-47C8-8394-5EA119D72A5F.jpeg
    67C90A28-BCB5-47C8-8394-5EA119D72A5F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
Getting ready to head back to the states (San Antonio) in August and have been paring down the collection a bit. Really trying to focus on Stihl at this point, but it's been difficult to let some of my Holy Grail saws go. Having said that, a lot of them have been going to a member here who will put them in a museum, so at least other folks will be able to appreciate them.

Having said that, I just returned from a trip to the Motherland (at least for Jonsereds and Husqvarna) - southeastern Sweden. I visited Magnus Mattison of the CSC forum and saw his personal collection and his chainsaw museum - it was fantastic! I picked up some parts for some of my saws and also picked up a few Stihl's - BL and BLK58 - from one of Magnus's friends.

IMG_1985.JPG IMG_1986.JPG

I'm a pretty focused Stihl 1106/1109 series collector, but a few years ago I began seeking out on my "off-brand triad". I decided I wanted to get my hands on all three one-man production chainsaws with a larger displacement than the 090. The list included the Skil 1690 @ 139cc, Solo Super Rex @ 142cc, and Champ Universal @ 160cc. Technically the PM390 is on the list, but since it's a re-badged Skil 1690 I don't consider it a requirement, although I would certainly be interested in one if there are any out there available!

Today the Super Rex showed up at my door, completing the list. I still have some personal holy grail saws to find, but this was a big milestone.

IMG_1856.jpg IMG_1858.jpg IMG_1129.JPG IMG_1130.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0562.JPG

Good choice of saws. Although I believe the PM390 is the manufacturer of the Skil 1690
Made by PM Canadien. The Solo Super Rex is one on my list.

Good to know Lee. Honestly, I never verified it, but I was told by another collector that the PM390 was actually labeled as having been manufactured by Skil. Dammit, if PM was the actual manufacturer of both models I now have to get a PM390 to consider my list complete...

7ec37ae6e1f6daa71787ab1c7d23e8c2.jpg

Only one left now is a Super 880.

Back