anyone using a solo 637??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alloutdoorsboy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone is using a solo 637 and how you like it. They claim it puts out more power than the stihl 200t and the husky 338xpt..........

cheap too!

What is the weight...and the cc's on it...just compare it to the Stihl 200T...if you are in the United States..

www.stihl.us

I have no eexperine with Solo... but alot of experince with Stihl...never a bad thing to say about them, even though i dont own a 200T...and they are expensive by the way everyone and i have talked to alot of aborist...never a bad thing about the 200t

I was given the Cs 330T...Echo, its decent and all but sometimes when its hott and it dont want to start i wish i had a Stihl like the rest of my saws...well besides a husky 142...again a gift, never a problem...knock on wood

So, good luck you asked the right sight, the guys and gals here are nothing but the best

http://www.solousa.com/store/flypage/chain_saws/637-14_chain_saw.html

40 cc....

http://store.baileys-online.com/cgi-bin/baileys/6038 has it for a good price, and says it is 1.9 kw (2.6hp) .....I wonder....

I believe Dennis Greffard modified a 633 or 637 a while back....and it worked but wasn't a world beater, plus the top handle was flimsy. Mighta been for a departed AS member from Florida.....

I think it might be the third best of the climb saws....not sure if is piston proted or reed valve. It's max rpm is 12,000, that kinda sounds like reed valve...

I've also heard that the Dolmar 3310 TH (if that's the right number) is a pretty good saw, but is rated at maybe 2.0 hp...??

I own a 637 and like it very much. The torque and speed are good....but it doesn't scream like a 200T. A whole lot of performance per pound and per dollar spent.

Hey here is another AS member talking hand in hand about it

The reed valve was a hell of invention, especially for its day..ok i might be a little biest because my grandfather invented it....sold it when he worked for Honda...years ago

Still i believe nothing better then a Stihl, if your in it everyday common your making some money...time is money, if your working slow, or hurt, or saw is out of commison than your not making money....just something to think about.

my partner has a 637.

nice saw for the money.it's not even close to a ms200.compares to a 192 but i think the 192 is a lot more comfortable.still,for $299 i'd buy one in a minute.seems very well made.

Back