Anyone using the new size GreenTeeth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtra

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
. . . if so, what size and on what stump grinder.

I'm using the original size deep dish (red tips) on a Carlton 4400 and need to buy new pockets. I'm wondering if I should go down in size?

Tried the smaller ones when they first came out on my 1625A, cut great, less strain on the motor and drivetrain. Problem is the 3/8" nut wears down so quickly that you need to vise grip them off to rotate the teeth and then replace the locknuts with new every time you rotate. I am not a fan of the green teeth and am probably the 1% of users that will not run them after trying them. Prefer the rayco teeth and get them retipped to keep the cost down. JMHO
Good luck.

Guess I am in the 1% also. Have the larger greenteeth on 4400-4. They beat the machine so much I had to replace all the bearings. Not cheap. I have decided to go back to the original teeth as suggested by manufacturer. I expect longer bearing wear once again and I will not recommend any size green teeth for any grinder.

Back