Vemeer 630-B - No Gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Railroader

Reaction score
Stump Grinder been idle last couple of years. Need to get it going again. Replaced fuel line, new fuel filters, air cleaner and cleaned carb. No Crank. No Gas in carb float bowl.

Filled float bowl manually. Fired up and ran until again fuel bowl empty. So, read on this forum possible solution was to use an electric fuel pump instead of manual. What would be the PSI rating to look for in the electric fuel pump?

Stump Grinder been idle last couple of years. Need to get it going again. Replaced fuel line, new fuel filters, air cleaner and cleaned carb. No Crank. No Gas in carb float bowl.

Filled float bowl manually. Fired up and ran until again fuel bowl empty. So, read on this forum possible solution was to use an electric fuel pump instead of manual. What would be the PSI rating to look for in the electric fuel pump?
I had the same problem with a Vermeer 630B quite a few years ago. The fuel pick-up came loss from top of tank so pump could not pick up the fuel. Try a electric fuel pump from a gas can and if it run good you know it is in pickup tube. Good Luck

Don't know if you have it fixed yet but here ya go.
If the pickup tube comes out of the top of the tank, it may have developed a hole. That means replace the tube or the tank. I have used the pumps below. they are about 3psi which is plenty to keep the fuel bowl full. Good luck, :cool: OT
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3149889290...&brand=Unbranded&_trksid=p4429486.c101224.m-1

I have had a few Vermeer 630's over the years. fuel pick-up tube have been breaking at top of tank. Use an electric fuel pump and try taking fuel right directly out of tank. Good Luck

Latest posts

Back