anyone with Oregon chain bar experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voxac30dude

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
so im buying a replacement bar for my 16inch homelight today and i was looking at either getting the oregon intenz bar with the in bar chain tightening system or the pro 91 bar with pro 91vx chain. anyone who has experience with oregon products please let me know how they are. reliability? safety? ease of use? thanks

It is a good product, I see not problem with the intenz bar on an occasional use saw.. What pitch/guage are you running? I would go as narrow as possible for the saw, since it is more efficient.

Oregon makes a great bar. I agree with John that the Intenz bar is more suited to the occasional user. It's main benefit isn't the bar/chain tensioner, but actually the low kickback that the narrow tip provides. The Pro91 is more intended for the serious/experienced user. Its anti-kickback is low or next to non-existent. Therefore, don't be scared to use either, but buy the one that best suits your experience level. They will both last about the same period of time.

PS: Don't be scared to crank your oiler adjuster (if your saw has one). Oil is cheaper than new hardware!

If you buy the Intenz bar, and your saw does not already have it, you will have to make some minor alterations to your saw. Then you will always have to use an Intenz bar. Just so you know.

I prefer to keep things simple, and go with a basic bar, unless your chain adjuster is bad. The Pro bar probably uses higher quality materials, but either one might be good enough.

Oregon generally makes good, solid products. DIfferent features, different price points, etc.

Philbert

Intenz bars are junk!

all i can figure is some engineer wanted to keep from getting canned.

i use the Husky bars from Oregon and have had the best luck with them versus other brands.

im running a 5/8's pitch chain and bar. i'll have to admit, severe kick back is one of my fears but i like the speed of the pro chains. but i need to take things slow since i am an arbor in training and dont wanna get hurt. my legs and arms are more important then how efficient i cut tree limbs.

anyways i just used the intenze bar/chain combo Lows sells today. i was pretty impressed on how it cut through some really old dry pepper tree logs. i think i might try the pro 91 in the future since my saw has a good chain tightener anyways. it's a homlite 33cc ranger.

im running a 5/8's pitch chain and bar. i'll have to admit, severe kick back is one of my fears but i like the speed of the pro chains. but i need to take things slow since i am an arbor in training and dont wanna get hurt. my legs and arms are more important then how efficient i cut tree limbs.

anyways i just used the intenze bar/chain combo Lows sells today. i was pretty impressed on how it cut through some really old dry pepper tree logs. i think i might try the pro 91 in the future since my saw has a good chain tightener anyways. it's a homlite 33cc ranger.

You mean 3/8's pitch?

Most the saws I've picked up used that had the Intenz bar still had functioning chain tensioners.

One area where the Intenz bar has helped was cheap saws with a broken chain tensioner. It lets you run continue to use the saw.

Mr. HE:cool:

i think i might try the pro 91 in the future since my saw has a good chain tightener anyways.

?

You can use any kind of chain on the Intenz bar, as long as it has the same pitch, gauge, and number of drive links.

The Intenz feature is just a different way of tensioning. Doesn't need any special chain. You can run the 91vx chain on it if the specs are the same.

Philbert

Back