aplle tree pollinator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boilerhouse47

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need some help. I just purchased a dwarf Red Delicious apple tree and it says it needs a pollinator. Do I need another Red Delicious tree in order to have fruit or will the other apple trees growing in the neighborhood be enough?
The other trees are not the Delicious variety. I tried the search tool and didn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks for any info given.
Boiler

My father in law just put two of the same species next to each other is the sterile the same with all apple trees of the same variant? Or just red to red?

steriel

It depends on the varities some are self poll. Tell me what var. and I can let you know.

I am not sure of the var. If theres a good site that has all the var. of the different apple trees that you know of I would recognize it. I do know that it was bought at home depot.

Bookerdog, thanks for the info. I will be planting this tree within 50 to 100 feet of the other apple trees on my property so I guess this will be good.
Thanks again Boiler

sounds good

boilerhouse47 said:
Bookerdog, thanks for the info. I will be planting this tree within 50 to 100 feet of the other apple trees on my property so I guess this will be good.
Thanks again Boiler
Boiler that should be just fine. Boston bull If he got a couple of varieties from home depo he should be okay.

Booker, I know for a fact they are the same species. I looked at the tags I just forget what they said but I do remember tem being the same species.

Back