Apparel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcirre

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have any leads on any companies or people who make apparel related to the field? Not talking climbing pants, chaps, boots, etc. More like shirts, hoodies, hats that represent what we do. Just curious, thanks!

I’m new to the field about a year, and I use to sell cloths retail in my past life ….so I noticed most stuff is branded like the stores or machines or saw ect ex sthil hats or Vermeer hoodies or Bartlett supply ya know traditional products and shopping like at the hardware store or from the gear websites …the work cloths obvi uniform is a major overtake of your image. Everyday long days and proud to rep. As I was taught “it’s a lifestyle” and my 3 orange tees and work boots just kinda became the new me lol….
Then a lot of content creators have funny merch or sayings or you go find etsy meme graphic tees.
Then going to event you’ll get a **** .. climbing comp, industry volunteering and don’t forget your network has work shirts to share or logos and stickers so like it’s a badge of honor to wear your friends companies too.

Events usually source form a bulk local supplier …the same place where high schools marathons charity event softball teams order …they would have a few options for material sizes and order size. Then send a box.

Online people usually go with the Amazon order and have a local screen printer finish
Or the google top option lol like a big manufacturer who does shirts for all kinds of brands.

But if you want to make truly your own …you need the design and measurements and go to the actually factories…the market made a big switch to Mexico from china, but china the easy established , but Argentina, Australia’s got textile factories too. Labor chemical processes and raw material sourcing is why people shop around…Nike owns Jordan but Jordan shoes tag says a different factory( fun fact)

That was a little of everything for ya to get going . Wasent sure what all you needed .

I’m new to the field about a year, and I use to sell cloths retail in my past life ….so I noticed most stuff is branded like the stores or machines or saw ect ex sthil hats or Vermeer hoodies or Bartlett supply ya know traditional products and shopping like at the hardware store or from the gear websites …the work cloths obvi uniform is a major overtake of your image. Everyday long days and proud to rep. As I was taught “it’s a lifestyle” and my 3 orange tees and work boots just kinda became the new me lol….
Then a lot of content creators have funny merch or sayings or you go find etsy meme graphic tees.
Then going to event you’ll get a **** .. climbing comp, industry volunteering and don’t forget your network has work shirts to share or logos and stickers so like it’s a badge of honor to wear your friends companies too.

Events usually source form a bulk local supplier …the same place where high schools marathons charity event softball teams order …they would have a few options for material sizes and order size. Then send a box.

Online people usually go with the Amazon order and have a local screen printer finish
Or the google top option lol like a big manufacturer who does shirts for all kinds of brands.

But if you want to make truly your own …you need the design and measurements and go to the actually factories…the market made a big switch to Mexico from china, but china the easy established , but Argentina, Australia’s got textile factories too. Labor chemical processes and raw material sourcing is why people shop around…Nike owns Jordan but Jordan shoes tag says a different factory( fun fact)

That was a little of everything for ya to get going . Wasent sure what all you needed .
Oh and like safety standard stuff super small market, you’ll see the same high vis shirts and jacket and pants options all over, you’d swear there’s like only 3 ha ha ha

And the lifestyle aspect…you will see the same big brands around the community too so carhart north face someone always has a coffee or tea shirt I swear …dog mom/dad tee, outs doors camp hike vibe outfits..

That is a lot of information and I appreciate the reply. I’ve actually got a background in screen printing and sublimation myself. But, I’m not looking to create my own products. I was more so looking for a more expansive buying and representation experience. I’ve got stuff from Arbsession, TreeStuff, things from manufacturers, YouTubers like August and Jacob. As far as comps go I’ve been to several including this past Internationals in Denmark but they seem to always be more for networking or viewership and never carry much to sell unfortunately. I guess the point of this post was to find more likeminded people of the industry, outside of the norm to support.

That is a lot of information and I appreciate the reply. I’ve actually got a background in screen printing and sublimation myself. But, I’m not looking to create my own products. I was more so looking for a more expansive buying and representation experience. I’ve got stuff from Arbsession, TreeStuff, things from manufacturers, YouTubers like August and Jacob. As far as comps go I’ve been to several including this past Internationals in Denmark but they seem to always be more for networking or viewership and never carry much to sell unfortunately. I guess the point of this post was to find more likeminded people of the industry, outside of the norm to support.
Yup I noticed the same thing! The world comp here in Mn last summer had booths but just mainstream blah. yeah the more intimate connections to shops and influencers and catered experience with brands I thought I might get at events was non existent . Hoping my first arborist convention this month vendor fair trade booth experience will be more like that. I personally hung out with all the brands I sold once a year at a big work event party thing because it’s a thing lol .

Literally there is one logger who is taking over the merch for the whole industry of fallers…he took his simple modifications of his saw made em into branded products …took his stuff he buys from the same stores everyone does and slaps his logo on it and it’s all over I swear lol. He’s guy who just works …and was like ok I guess I make products now lol

We are all hungry for merch.

I’m curious now on more detail of what you would like to see represented or available for merch? I think you might have a super cool idea brewing lol

Latest posts

Back