appentice 210 engine problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truecountry469

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi im having engine problems with a appentice 210 with a new rebuilt cummins recon 6bt , its smoking but will not run have plenty of fuel and bleed the injecters and removed the turbo pipes and still smoking but will not run...if you can help please reply

I had this same problem with a detroit 453. It wasnt getting any air

If the engine is getting plenty of air (no restrictions), either it's not getting sufficient fuel due to air still in the system, bad connection on the fuel shutoff (electrical), or bad actuator (inline pump) or fuel shutoff lever binding or not moving all the way to the run position (cable shutoff), bad lift pump, cranking too slowly to fire, or cold ambient temp. There isn't much else that will hold a 6bt back. Hope ya get it figured out. :)

if it's smoking but wont start or run, it has fuel, it has air and most importantly it's just been rebuilt/reconditioned, i would almost put money on the timing being out a tooth.

mexico is now the builders of recon cummins and its sucks ....... got it last week for a 210 appentice loader and it wouldnt run . cranked and smoked like hell but wouldnt run had soot coming out the exhaust.... check fuel pressure 26 lbs . retimed pump (pin timed it and pulled front cover off to check cam and crank timing noneof them was off. check starting rpms and checked out good 260 rpms .called cummins they sent a local dealer mech out and he did evrything compresion test 450 to 500 ..adjust valves which all but one was to tight (at least 010 off) ....now remeber this is a 7 grand motor rebuilt drop in complete turbo and all........they pulled the motor today and are going to pull head off and see whats up ...i said i want a new motor and reply i got was that would take 2 weeks..... i called everywhere and same reply at least 2 weeks serial number of this engine is 45551615 can anyone find one i need it yesterday.....screw cummins recon

cummins called and tolded me the problem , somehow the cylinders had rusted in spots and cracked the walls ......damn isnt that odd

Sounds like a lack of compression. diesel wont run with out it. try giving it a little either. and if i dont start dont keep eithering it. cuz u can either lock a motor. And take the valve cover off and roll it over by hand and make sure u dont have a valve hanging up. And if it has an ECM make sure it has sufficant power to it.

Back