April Showers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfking42084

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm supposed to be doing a major takedown on a 52"DBH white oak and the weather gets me everytime I schedule it. It requires a crane and is a very small zone. I've cancelled and re-scheduled the thing 3 times now. Luckily the crane company is owned by a friend of mine. I hate these jobs that you have to have perfect weather for.

weather

We just got a few inches of snow last night!

Minnesota, for ya.

Good Ole North Carolina, the earths newest rain forest ............lol

It's killing me also and they saying rain 2 or 3 days this week also, it's got to give sometime.

Aye, weather is terrible.

Where I work full time we work in all conditions aside from thunder lightning. We do utility work.

I don't personally work in bad weather I postpone the residential tree care I do. My old boss, the one I made a post about under the Bad Boss thread a week ago use to make us work on huge takedowns no matter what the weather.

As long as the power company would sleeve the lines he would have a crane out there in a snow storm or rain (if the operator was easy to 'suade) and pull 80' pines out of 10' spaces usually between houses.

Man was that a horror show.

I can't remember the last time it rained here, but we have lots of wind. 45+ mph all weekend. Lots of limbs down.

Pittsburgh's forecast is 3 inches tonight and 2 tomorrow...pretty wild for April 6th in these parts...

Just about the forecast up here too. I had to re-schedule a huge Silver Maple (about 72" dbh) because of the wind/rain. Ended up doing it yesterday (sunday). Had better things to do than get up at 4:30 Am, drive about 2 hrs and spend 8 hrs dropping a tree. I hope it gives soon.

Back