Archer Guide Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_A_Grunt_1978

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an old homelite xl auto I'd like to get a new bar for and have good things about the archers. Which bar and chain combo can I buy from them that will fit. I would prefer an 18" but a 20" or 16" will do. Would like a sprocket nose as well.

Which Homelite XL you talking about? Homelite threw that XL designation on way too many models not to get confused. Since you said 20" I'm going to guess you mean a XL-12 or Super XL auto.

When you say old, how old do you mean? It makes a difference as the really old XL-12's used 5/16" bar studs and the later models used 3/8's.

Need to know this stuff...

Which Homelite XL you talking about? Homelite threw that XL designation on way too many models not to get confused. Since you said 20" I'm going to guess you mean a XL-12 or Super XL auto.

When you say old, how old do you mean? It makes a difference as the really old XL-12's used 5/16" bar studs and the later models used 3/8's.

Need to know this stuff...
Learned something there. I thought all Homies came with the larger studs.

To be more specific its an Archer super xl auto, probably made in the early 80's. Came with a 16 inch bar. I'd ideally like to upgrade to an 18 as a good compromise between a 16 and a 20, but 18's are hard to come by apparently.

To be more specific its an Archer super xl auto, probably made in the early 80's. Came with a 16 inch bar. I'd ideally like to upgrade to an 18 as a good compromise between a 16 and a 20, but 18's are hard to come by apparently.

I will have to look, but I think I got a 18" bar for that saw, a Windsor speed tip. I have to look again but I was thinking it was new. And you would have to be OK with it saying Poulan on it.

Latest posts

Back