Ardent 75 wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YotulFrank

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there,

The other day I was cleaning my heat exchange in my enterprise fawcette WF 90 and noticed a hole in it. It is 20 plus and figure it is time for a new one. Can anyone give me their experience with the ardent 75 wood furnace. I just ordered one, the sales person showed me his, and explained he was very happy with the performance. He heats a 3000 sq foot home with ease only issue is that he has the large 101 model. My house is 1900sq feet, 2 story average insulation plus the unfinished basement where the furnace will be installed. This will be an add-on, but the main heater if I can help it. We live in Atlantic Canada and -10 is the average winter day. It can get colder, but only a week or two of that temp -20 to -25. I can't get the larger model in my home with out ripping stuff up, it would cost too much to justify.

They have a website and it is great, but would like more pictures. Things I'm wondering include how many firebricks, does the door come off easy? Is it worth getting the water coils? Can I get them at a later time? Will it heat my home? Are the burn time claims truthful? I can't find any discussion about this furnace.

Thanks

Looks like a Very obscure furnace . Judging by the install manual it is a low tech unit that will likely chew through wood . If find something with modern reburn technology more heat and longer burn times

Looks like a Very obscure furnace . Judging by the install manual it is a low tech unit that will likely chew through wood . If find something with modern reburn technology more heat and longer burn times

It does have some re-burn attributes. The salesperson has the larger unit in his home and said he burns about eight cord, he showed me the setup in his 3000 sq foot house. I'm not sold on the new stuff yet. We have a budget and this fits it. Just hope it works like the seller states. I do know the wood stoves that are made by this company are serious heaters. If this furnace burns 6 -7 cord of wood per year and heats my house,I will be happy.

Still would like to get an opinion with actual experience with this device.

Thanks

Hi there,

The other day I was cleaning my heat exchange in my enterprise fawcette WF 90 and noticed a hole in it. It is 20 plus and figure it is time for a new one. Can anyone give me their experience with the ardent 75 wood furnace. I just ordered one, the sales person showed me his, and explained he was very happy with the performance. He heats a 3000 sq foot home with ease only issue is that he has the large 101 model. My house is 1900sq feet, 2 story average insulation plus the unfinished basement where the furnace will be installed. This will be an add-on, but the main heater if I can help it. We live in Atlantic Canada and -10 is the average winter day. It can get colder, but only a week or two of that temp -20 to -25. I can't get the larger model in my home with out ripping stuff up, it would cost too much to justify.

They have a website and it is great, but would like more pictures. Things I'm wondering include how many firebricks, does the door come off easy? Is it worth getting the water coils? Can I get them at a later time? Will it heat my home? Are the burn time claims truthful? I can't find any discussion about this furnace.

Thanks
Hi

Just wondering how the ardent 75 wood furnace worked out for you? As I am considering buying that model.

Latest posts

Back