Are my white oaks diseased?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberthathaway7

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
On my farm, about 200 yards apart, I have a couple of white oaks that are looking pretty bad.. They have sparse leaves, and the leaves that are there are curled up, reddish, and almost look partially eaten up..its hard to tell because they are so high. What's the deal? Should I cull them? I sell firewood so they wouldn't go to waste but I sure don't like to cut down a good white oak if I don't have to..

Are you in a drought right now?

Can we get some pictures? Showing each tree, the base and the full tree.

Sylvia

We have been in a dry spell, I wouldn't say drought though. I haven't seen anything else urting except a little dry grass and some corn curling up but that's normal for our summers. Also I think I remember seeing these trees looking shabby from a distance before it started drying.. Also- one tree is less than ten feet from a creek that stays doesn't run but holds some decent water holes. Not sure if that would help. It has rained here for two days though so if it was drought should I see significant improvement in the next week or two? Or will they keep looking the same.

Latest posts

Back