Are These Dead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracker joe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Attached is a photo of a Camphor tree I recently removed from a friend's yard to plant in my own. There are 5 in all, 3 larger ones and 2 smaller ones. All were placed in 24" boxes by some laborers when I was not there so I cannot garauntee that they were handled properly.

The two smaller trees seem to be doing fine, but the 3 larger ones are looking pretty bad: dried leaves and blackened branches. They are all still in their containers, and I've given all of them lots of water and some Superthrive.

I dont want to dig a hole and plant dead trees if these will not make it, can anyone tell me if these are simply dead or just in shock?

(I can post some close up photos if req'd.)

John,

Are there specific signs that indicate a dead tree vs. one in shock? One of the larger trees still has some green on the limbs and is not looking as droopy as the pne in the photo. Might it still make it? How can I care for it while it recovers?

I have attached a photo of one of the 2 trees that are doing okay. Any advise on planting them?

Latest posts

Back