Are you kidding me ??? Definately what NOT to do !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now he is profesional and the other videos he is not ?

Watch him while he's wedging. He never looked up, not even once. Driving wedges sends shock waves up the tree. If there's a broken branch, a hanger, or a widow maker of any kind, wedging can break them loose. You can't always tell when somethings going to come down at you but you for sure can't tell if you never look up.
He also doesn't show himself sizing up the tree before he makes his first cut. Maybe he does, but since he's claiming to be a pro and that his videos show pro techniques it might be a nice add on.
Also, on that particular tree, he could have used a shallow Humboldt face with a snipe on the base to let the butt slide down off the stump nice and easy.

That guy has hit a few sites with the same load of crap, he infers that if you don't cut like he does, you are not a pro.
He will gather a few fan boys who will defend him, even though they have little to no experience.

You know him personal ?

that first one seemed scary to me.i have cut a few hundred trees,i realize how little i really know.how can that be safe?

You really like that crap don't you? Do you really think that that's a good way to go?

Don't go picking on Logger Wade as he is my hero. :muscle: Heroics and tomfoolery aside, he seems like a good old boy with a pretty wife and an employer who put up with him and his funny videos. I am confident that there was a break in this video and that he actually cut those two out of frame trees in proper order after the first 17 or 18. If not, I need a new hero.Ron

Back