Are you kidding me ??? Definately what NOT to do !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that there is no face cut, "the clock" that some have commented about is where the start and the end of his cut ended up

All videos are 1 month old or newer.

The chain sharpening video is a joke ...............
His post on a different site with the chain sharpening video said :
Title..................................: "The proper way to sharpen a chainsaw"
The post read.....................: "Watch this and learn"

He musta been sharpening milling chain with that top angle..

Looks like Hickory . It is hard to tell from the video.
Οk if this is a expensive wood , like the walnut or maybe some others, he need the grains as you have see in the photos, the most grains and the better of them are down near to the roots.
the peoples who cut turkish walnut open a big hole around the tree and dont cut the tree but the roots, because they dont want to loose this part just over the roots, which have the best grains and the best price.
My eyes see here a 100% professional , that he can cut trees even if someone close his eyes.

Trio-High-Res1.jpg

holland-OU-right.jpg

B_cd30f2408a.jpg

:eek:

Well , he's getting the trees down without killing himself or his cameraman - so far! :confused:
Also , he appears very confident in his work.

I just wonder:
- why is he cutting with the top side of his bar and how come the saw doesn't get catapulted back into his nuts?
- how come he doesn't get the bar pinched by the tree with a cut like that? o_O

I am not a feller , I buy firewood tree trunks delivered into my yard and buck them up.
I fell a tree occasionally , and I don't like doing it!
As such I will not make bad comments considering that I am not qualified to do so in this matter!

Well , he's getting the trees down without killing himself or his cameraman - so far! :confused:
Also , he appears very confident in his work.

I just wonder:
- why is he cutting with the top side of his bar and how come the saw doesn't get catapulted back into his nuts?

I am not a feller , I buy firewood tree trunks delivered into my yard and buck them up.
As such I will not make bad comments considering that I am not qualified to do so in this matter!
Everyone can drive car but few are formula 1 F1 drivers .

I just wonder:

Just a guess: half wrap handle, cutting close to ground, and possibly to have better control of the depth of his plunging cuts.
See other video for pinched saw and removal.

Ron

I'm just damn glad I've never cut down a tree like that, been asked to cut down a tree like that, shown how to cut down a tree like that and never will cut down a tree like that.

Obviously that wasn't a first time effort, but I'm completely certain I'd end up with a saw stuck, a tree falling wherever it wanted and a good chance of the handle whacking me in the nuts, the tree taking my saw and/or the butt of the tree getting me.

With a face and a hinge I can have enough dirty underpants moments.

that guy scares me the that cut :eek: every tree is cut i do a undercut he is just asking to get smacked by that tree.

Back