Are you tired of it yet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready for it to be over.

Have wood cut for the next two or three years into 8' logs. I have to at least get it home before the farmers plant the fields again as all of the wood is in creeks or fencerows. Started chipping away at the pile last weekend, cutting and splitting as I go.

I hate the short days. I hate going to work when it is dark and coming home when it is dark. Regardless of the temperature, March 8th is the day I am waiting for (daylight savings begins). I can have a life after work.

Went to go fish a farm pond near me on Sunday. I wasn't hoping for much but needed to wet a line to make myself feel like spring is coming. It was open water a week ago. Got there and it was all iced over again.:censored:We had a few nights into the single digits and it was enough to push it back over the edge. All open water again today.

I also rarely get tired of cutting firewood. Also a mental thing.

Here yah have to do something in the winter, or you will go berzerk. May as well feed the fire and cut wood.
+1
I agree and I wish I had a snowmobile, I love riding those things. Hey wind, hello from the "good" side of the mountain!:laugh:

I don't mind loading logs and I love the free heat, but I want to ride the cycles and go boating.
AMEN brother!!!!:bowdown:
I want to ride my KLR 650(wood scout) so bad! I want to be the first on scene(with a chain saw) for those trees that were downed by the wind.

stupid groundhog. :laugh:
That's what I said!
Next time pick the blind one!:censored:

I'm ready for it to be over.
I hate the short days. I hate going to work when it is dark and coming home when it is dark.
Regardless of the temperature, March 8th is the day I am waiting for (daylight savings begins). I can have a life after work.
Got there and it was all iced over again.:censored:

Yea, I remember doing daily doubles for Water Polo in High School! Leave in the dark, jump in a cold pool @ 05:30, back in after school and home in the dark! BRRRRRR!:dizzy:

The lake a mile from my house is iced over too!
I want a shot at those hold over Trout!:spam:

I can't wait for the longer days either, but I work 2-10:30, I'm looking forward to being up in the woods before work, when everyone else is going to work!

Last edited:
Any day I wake up on the right side of the ground is a good day. So far I have had only good days...

Any day I wake up on the right side of the ground is a good day. So far I have had only good days...

I will agree with you on that.

I really enjoy winter now days because I usually got time to do pretty much what ever I want. As soon summer gets here I will be so busy with my smoothie business and regular job that I will be looking forward to winter again.

Ahh the circle of life.

I started burning wood for the first time and late at that so I'm not near ready to stop burning yet. The worst things about winter are first, the propane bills (which are a thing of the past now :clap:) and the short days. I wish we had the long days of summer with lows of 20F and highs of 40F.

Ian

All I know is when the wife says ..."honey it's a little hot/cold in here" it don't cost me anything to fix it. Couple of months and that's not the case lol.:popcorn:

Hell we had single digit temps this week and 10" of snow last sat., still can't get in the woods w/ quad or truck.
Still skiing and loading up the 5500 hasn't gotten me down yet. Have to say seeing the day get longer is very nice.

Nope!!!

Still gotta run the wood to the stove untill May.

Come the next total Thaw It's time to get busy Tilling, and then running down a couple miles of Irrigation line in the Mud, and running a drain pump non stop untill July.

Cold,wet, muddy, Nasty work.
Then comes cooking like a trout all summer.

Nope.
Gimme the cold.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm with O41fBoss on this one, anytime someone likes freezing their butt off and feeding a fire over grilling out and drinking beer I see a serious masochistic problem here.

-10f with a -25f windchill this morning.
They have a Bass Pro shop opening here this spring I want to get out and go fishing! cabin fever is setting in I hope March is warm so the gophers come out!

Wow is all I can say. Im ready for it to be over. Last year we burnt 5 cords from mid october to june 1. Since mid october we have burnt 6 cords this winter. Its been a cold one. I did a lot more rationing last winter, too.

Ive only got about 1.5 cords left...Should be enough. I better get to the woods though.

I like all four seasons, although some years it seems like we only have 2-3. Just the change from one to the other is invigorating. Each season has its own opportunities and drawbacks. Variety is the spice of life. (yes dear, except for women)

hoping it'll end soon, went through 8 cords already and am terribly low on wood again, mind you i've been burning since october 20th and probably wont quit till march or april. been a very harsh and cold winter this year.

Yup got lazy about two weeks ago here at work and went to the box on the wall for heat...the shame. :)

Lucky I cut 2 years supply at once last October, I still have next years chunks ready to split and stack sitting here (if I can stomach it) yikes.

We are having spring like weather even my pond is up to 55 or so almost time to start feeding the fish.

Kansas

Latest posts

Back