ASV30 vs ASV50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dogdad

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Treeguy.... my dirt bucket is .25 yd bucket and does just fine. It also is the width of the machine. I think if you get a larger ( .5) you may be getting to heavy, plus the difference in weight of the 2 buckets is a bit, which actually doesn't get you really moving dirt like you would like.

IATreeguy

IATreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Dogdad,

My thinking on the 1/2 yard bucket came from looking at the ASV web site.
The loose materials bucket is 3 inches taller, sticks out 5 inches further and is the same width at 48.75 inches. Weight increase is only 37 pounds. The standard 1/4 yard bucket looks to be too tiny for carrying chunks of wood while the 1/2 yard might have some possibilities.

If I can get a machine in here and only have one attachment to get me started the 1/2 yard bucket would be the one. I really need to get some real time experience loading out wood chunks and chips. You and the other guys have been invaluable in getting me to this point in the program. Thanks!

sawyerDave

sawyerDave

ArboristSite Operative
ASV RC30 vs RC50

I have an Rc-30 I have been running for 3 years this is one tough little machine. I have about 800 hours on it. Had a dealer recall on a hydraulic line problem(no cost), Blew seals out of a track motor(around $600 was my half), had one front idler blow the bearings, races, and bearing tube had to be cut out and replaced(about $1000). Other than that, tracks still look good, and everything works, to spite the abuse I have subjected it to. Attachment list: Harley rake, flail mower, bush hog, forks, grader box, dirt bicket w/teeth, 4n1 bucket, Augur and bits from 6" to 30", worksaver tree terminator,and the most used attachment, the 4' grapple bucket. Have lifted/drug 30 inch x 5' green cherry log (not very far this kind of weight is hard on it). I much prefer to roll heavy logs if I have the choice. Have loaded trees into roll off cans, cleared land, prepped lawns graded wet spots, mowed wet spots, pulled M-F roses out of a pond, while sitting in the pond, dug holes for dead animals, hauled dead animals, loaded round bales, put up fence posts, you name it, this machine has done it. Would I buy it again you BET! One other thing: Attachments are addictive! I built the bush hog and the flail mower myself. Have gotten so used to making new attachments I made a Jig to make the attachment plate. Once you try this thing, you will be hooked. My 2 cents.

Leebo

Leebo

ArboristSite Operative
Welcome to AS, Dave. Good to hear from another ASV user. I've been really impressed with how gutsy the machine is for its size. I've lifted, pushed, nudged and pulled a few things that were way out of the weight range...most recently a couple of pallets of limestone landscaping boulders. I don't know how much they weighed, but I got them from point A to point B. Impressive list of attachments. Have you ever looked at the Land Leveler attachment? I've been thinking of getting one for grooming a 1/4 mile gravel driveway.

sawyerDave

sawyerDave

ArboristSite Operative
ASV RC30 vs RC50

I do have the land leveler. I called it a grader box, but it is a multi use attachment. Because of the way the blades are attached (horizontally), it cuts very well into packed, weedy driveways. I often use it to strip sod, too. it also has 2 hooks on top to hold the bucket, so you can save space & trips back and forth to the truck/trailer.

sawyerDave

sawyerDave

ArboristSite Operative
Homemade ASV attachments

:givebeer: While I would like to be able to post pictures of some of the stuff I have made out of junk, Right now I am kind of tapped out as far as buying the new technical gadgets it would take to get these pictures to you. Just out of curiosity, what does it take to get pics online? I do have an apple Imac and a digital camera, but am totally new to this computer thing.:jawdrop:

IATreeguy

IATreeguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Sawyerdave,

Welcome to AS! sounds like your 30 is the center pivot of your operation. I have an iMac and am still working on the mechanics of getting photos posted. I can pull the memory card out of my digital camera and insert into printer and then to the computer. Somewhere I have a cord that came with the camera to connect directly to a computer. I think that you will need software to manage the operation like HP or Adobe. Not much help but again welcome to AS!