Attn Blsnelling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruege84

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

I've seen the photos on here of some of your restoration jobs. You do some really nice work. :cheers: But exactly does one do to a saw to "snellerize" it?

Thanks

:greenchainsaw:

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the posts. Actually, Snellerized is what I call my ported saws.

Ahhh.... That makes sense now. I never really paid attention to your sig before. I figured it meant one of your awesome restoration jobs. Then I noticed that there were 'restored' and 'snellerized'. Thanks for clearing that up.

:cheers:

I did not send you a saw...........What clear are you using??

Freakinstang Steve. I've tried Rustoleum enamel and a lacquer of some other brand. The enamel goes on thicker and covers fine sanding marks better.

I use a razor knife to scrape off deeper nicks and stains. Make sure it's sharp so as to not mar the plastic any more. I then sand with 220 grit and then 400 grit wet/dry sand paper. Make sure you sand all surfaces so that the clear sticks well. I then put several coats of clear until the finish is smooth like glass. I new name plate and sticker or two and it will look close to new.

Last edited:
Back