Attn: Electrolux announces hostile takeover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 550 rocks! You can alway put an prop on it and use it was an outboard for a canoe! I aways wanted to do that...
Yeah, I put a trimmer head on a 300HP Merc outboard once, lots of power but hard on the back, ha ha, especially with the 100 gallon tank of cooling water. :cheers:

It's a shame you could not get what you really wanted.
Atleast you were able to get a nice clearing saw. I think you will be happy with it, that thing is a beast.
Good luck :cheers:

Agreed, it is actually a better machine.

The 550 rocks! You can alway put an prop on it and use it was an outboard for a canoe! I aways wanted to do that...

Thanks all.

We were just looking to replace a Jonsered RS51, we can't get the new version (RS52) in NZ so tried for 252Rx. It is used primarily for weed eating with a fixed head and heavy cord cut to length. The RS51 is 17 years old!

I agree the FS550 is probably a better saw than the 252Rx, but it is also the next step up in size - that makes it better too. It also has more torque/displacement. And I prefer torque to power. :chainsaw: If the Stihl is the best saw... so be it! And it was obtainable!!

The concern was the old man is 74 and he does most of that work. I honestly can't tell you if I like it yet because I have not been able to get my hands on it! I think my old man likes it though!! HAHAha

As for long driveshaft outboards on canoes... they fair honk along!! That would be fun. :)

100% serious! I'd recommend unloading all your Stihl stuff right now!

Muleman, did you again forget your meds?? Really, did you?

I guess if your here on AS, that means your not out in society running amok! Or on a water tower with a high powered rifle? :jawdrop: Heee..heeee!!

:jester: :buttkick: :jester:

Electrolux has acquired 51% of the controlling stock of Stihl. Stihl president Richard Wawd III laments an inability to keep the tenacious and pernicious attempts of the Husqvarna parent company from reaching its goal.

Wawd told our own Asite reporter that "I never thought I'd see the day when Stihl factories produce Poulan products!" He declined to comment further as he reached for his teddy bear "Phug Whole" and started sobbing.

Chainsaw companies saw an across the board surge in prices today among this unexpected but predictable move. What's next saw fans? I don't know, but I can tell you that your own Asite on the spot reporter will be there to fill you in.

And "Here I am, stuck in the middle with you!!!!!!"

Electrolux has acquired 51% of the controlling stock of Stihl. Stihl president Richard Wawd III laments an inability to keep the tenacious and pernicious attempts of the Husqvarna parent company from reaching its goal.

Wawd told our own Asite reporter that "I never thought I'd see the day when Stihl factories produce Poulan products!" He declined to comment further as he reached for his teddy bear "Phug Whole" and started sobbing.

Chainsaw companies saw an across the board surge in prices today among this unexpected but predictable move. What's next saw fans? I don't know, but I can tell you that your own Asite on the spot reporter will be there to fill you in.

How does one buy stock in a privately held corporation? If it were possible, I would like a few shares.........

Hmmm... Judging from the odor, there must be a PBR event going on nearby...

Latest posts

Back