Auction Bargins ????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jra1100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
First let me apologize for not having pictures. My wife is on the Oregon coast for work and a weekend with her best friend from law school and wanted to take the digital camera and video. I said sure take them both, what would I want to take a picture of? Anyway I went to an auction on Sat. and bought two old Remington saws. A Mighty Mite Bantam, and an SL 9. Got them both for $15 apiece. Cleaned both of them up and put in new gas, and shot some gas in the carb. The SL popped on the first pull, and ran good after starting the 3rd. Wow is that thing loud. The muffler is for appearance only I think. The Mighty Mite ah not so much. The muffler is on the bottom under the handle, and looks like a pain to pull so I didn't look. It seems not to have spark, and I know nothing about the electronics of saws so I could use some help as to what to look for. The SL by the way has a piston and cylinder that look like it just came off the shelf. The MM seems to have good compression, but won't pop. The plug looks OK, an I cleaned it up, but nothing. Also I know nothing about Remington saws, but I figured that I couldn't go to far wrong at $15, or was I mistaken about that? One more question, maybe Gary will chime in on it. The fuel mixture stated on the fill cap says 16:1, and I use 50:1. I am assuming that 50:1 will be fine, if not please let me know. Thanks, and I hope all of you are enjoying the end of summer Labor Day holiday. Any help appreciated. JR

Great find. Just love those old Remingtons. Mike acres site would be a great place to get you air gap and plug specs. I don't know much about the MM but you should have good fun using that SL-9 from time to time. What's the color scheme on the SL? Red and black or red and white??

Crane

This one is the red and black, don't know if that is older or newer of the two. I checked both on Mike's site when I got back from the sale. I am surprised that the MM is 34 plus CCs. It seems so small. and the SL seems small for 46cc, but that is what they are. Thanks for the reply. JR

MM and SL9

Both of these saws are all there and seem to have not been used all that much. As I said the SL started right up. If I can get some electrical help on the MM I think that one will go to. I don't know if it has points or what the electrical system is. I should have looked when I was on the Acer site. JR

Back