Auction load o' saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeinstine

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Heres a group pic of some saws i have bought this year for dirt cheap at some local sales.. Got more since the pic was taken.. In the pic is plenty of Homelites, a decent Pioneer 1560, a Jonsy 920 (now back togther), a near new 029 (needs piston/jug), Olympic 355, Homelite pump, husky 51, Pro-mac 10-10, and a bunch of other saws..

Ron

Stumper said:
Is that a Dolmar 120si I see in the lower righthand quadrant? :cool:

Nope, Actually, i had a hellava time figuring out what it was.. I had posted more pics of just that saw alone here on AS a month or so ago. Someone removed the decals with the name and model of it.. All i found was made it Italy.. So by measuring the bore and stroke, and going over Mike Acres site, i found it to be a Olympik 355.. 99.9% sure of that now.. Maybe an oleo-mac if they had the same saw badge with their name..

Ron

oldsaw-addict said:
Got any use for those top handle homies? I might want one of them for my collection.

Howdy OSD,

Not much of a use for them.. They where the first to get thrown in the corner for a 'future' project.. Mighnt be neat to get one going for a limbing saw.. But with all the projects i got, i'll probably never get to them.. If i get a chance, i'll bunch them up and see what i got and what needs what.. Maybe i'll send a few your way for a great bargain or a swap for some parts i could use or sumtin'..??

Ron

eyeinstine said:
Howdy OSD,

Not much of a use for them.. They where the first to get thrown in the corner for a 'future' project.. Mighnt be neat to get one going for a limbing saw.. But with all the projects i got, i'll probably never get to them.. If i get a chance, i'll bunch them up and see what i got and what needs what.. Maybe i'll send a few your way for a great bargain or a swap for some parts i could use or sumtin'..??

Ron
When you get around to it, let me know. I'd like to have a top handle like that for fun.

Are you planning on keeping the Jonsered 920?

Your post indicates that it's probably one of your projects. If yes, let us know how it turns out. If not, I'd be interested in it.

Hey Old-Saw,

If your interested in getting started on a 2 trigger top handle Homie project, I took one in yesterday, strictly a part saw. I have no interest in it just pm me and we can BS about it. I don't want this one in my shop, they it will multiply and then I'll have five , then ten :rolleyes: , bad enough having a Mac cancer infection get started and spreading, can't stop it no matter how hard you try. :dizzy:

Larry

Knot Whole said:
Your post indicates that it's probably one of your projects. If yes, let us know how it turns out. If not, I'd be interested in it.

hi Chris,

That Jonsy 920 is one saw i'm trying desperately to get going. It was partially apart in a box when i got it. It has a scored piston and jug, and i'm striking out finding good used parts. My plan is to bump the compression, dome the piston, open the muffler, install a 8 tooth, and a 20" bar with square filed chisel chain. Should make one hellava firewood saw. But man is that thing HEAVY!

Ron

Isn't the 920 way overkill for a FW saw?

If that was a joke, it went so far over my head that I didn't even need to duck :p .

There are (or were) some photos somewhere here on AS showing guys using 920s on some seriously large trees.

I know what you mean about good used parts for Jreds; have you priced new P&Js? Yikes!!

Last edited:
Knot Whole said:
If that was a joke, it went so far over my head that I didn't even need to duck :p .

There are (or were) some photos somewhere here on AS showing guys using 920s on some seriously large trees.

I know what you mean about good used parts for Jreds; have you priced new P&Js? Yikes!!

hi Chris,

Nope, not a joke! Right now i use a husky 61 with a 20" bar for firewood. I cut up alot of dead, dry locust and oak. That dry locust is like concrete! Even the 61 struggles a bit with a good chain on it.. I think hoppin' up the 920 is more of a fun project as it is a neccassity, but it should cut the time spent bucking up those big logs! I also plan to get a 32" or so bar and keep the stock 7 tooth drive for the times i need to buck or fell some big timber.. And to just put on the big bar and scare the yuppie neighbor next door who likes to start BS about my combustion engine addiction. :angel:

yea, i've been scouting ebay since getting the saw. Good cylinders havent popped up yet.

Ron

Last edited:
Back