Aussie Queenslander looking for timber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkwish

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I cant think of an alternative way to contact recreational timber getters, so am asking here.
Does anyone in central Queensland, Australia know where I might find a large log from a Mango tree? This wood has some very unique properties for use by wood turners. I am interested in making items on my lathe from any good timber. I have used Mango before and find it excellent to turn even if it is a little lacking in the beauty dept. though it does have a nice smooth grain with a good lustre to it.
I have seen good, large Mango trees being cut down and chipped into mulch by contractors without any consideration for its value as a desirable timber, such a shame.
I will gladly come and collect the timber, even if the tree is still standing, rather than seeing any more go to waste.
Look forward to any help,
Mkwish

Aussie timber

If I were you I would post the same message in the Australian Woodworkers forum. They have fora on Timber and Small timber milling. Quite a few Aussies that post here already post here but posting there will give you exposure to a lot of non-miller Aussies.

Cheers

Thanks BobL,
As soon as I get some comp time from the kids I will do that. Thanks once again.

Latest posts

Back