Auto Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLPryce

Reaction score
I picked up a gently used Olympyk 942 saw for use around my property; primarily limbing and samller work. The saw runs great and is mechanically solid. The only issue I have is with the auto oiler. The volume of oil is this thing is pumping is excessive. Run the RPM's up and the lube drips from the front the saw. I have no operators manual to assisit in a DIY takedown. Although I could take it in for repair. Is this over lube issue common with auto oilers? Thanks in advance. JLP

1st question - what bar oil are you using?

2nd question - does the oil reservoir empty before the fuel tank?

I know nothing particular of the Olympic, but perhaps looking at it symptomatically could get you somewhere.

Welcome to AS.

Thanks for the reply. The saw had a 16" Husqavarna bar which I replaced with a new one; new chain as well. The saws are Italian manfacture use to be imported by Tilton equipment. Name has been changed to Efco. Lp

bar oil. I was trying to eliminate the easiest possibility - wrong oil. Not to offend, but your low post count makes me want to start with basics.

I did consider the oil viscosity. If I ran the saw at full throttle the oil tank would empty long before the fuel tank. Post count ---- yeah these are my first posts to this forum. Site is well done and seems to be managed as such. Lp

The bar and chain lube is the Stihl brand. I use it in my other heavier saws without complications. Lp

Last edited:
That narrows it down considerably. According to Mike Acres' site, this machine has a worm-gear type oil pump. While I'm no authority, I'll have to just say it's either out of adjustment (if it's even adjustable) or it's tanked.

Sorry I can't help. Someone here can, I'm sure - tremendous wealth of knowledge around here!

Mystery solved after after a good cleaning with Engine Brite. Flow adjustment on the bottom of the saw. Thanks Lp

Latest posts

Back