Auto-tuned piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has the saw always ran bad and the workers didn't like using it because of that reason? Maybe it was cracked right away and gradually got worse? It was obviously still running since owner said it needed carb work.

There you go again, with a bunch of finger pointing...:pumpkin2:

Kiss it here.......

kiss%2Bmy%2Bass%2Blmao.jpg

At this point I don't know what happened. The saw is 100% stock, and doesn't appear to have a lot of hours on it (saw is in good condition and there is still visible crosshatch in the cylinder bore). It was in commercial use for one year, but according to the owner wasn't used heavily because none of the crew liked running it.

While this saw was torn down, another customer came in the the shop, also a logger, and had some choice words for his 576AT that also "blew up", but in less than 6 months. He took it to the dealership where it was purchased from, he didn't know the details other than that they told him the engine was blown and it wasn't worth repairing. I don't believe I know a single person around here that has had a good experience with the 575 and 576.

I don't blame them. I hate hate running saws with broke up pistons like that!

That's why Ya gotta run with two rings!
They hold the pieces together better than just one ring.

Theory: perhaps the PWM (pulse width modulation) scheme the Autotune uses to deliver fuel isn't coordinating with the ignition properly, resulting in an advanced condition, resulting in detonation. That would be an entirely electronic problem.

Latest posts

Back