Aux. oiler flow valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I tinkered with my aux. oiler again a few weeks ago. I was having trouble setting a consistent flow rate with the valve I had until this came to me. It's modeled after an IV drip bag and built mostly from parts I had laying around. The valve is a milti-turn appliance valve (don't get a 1/4" turn ball valve- it's all or nothing). Maybe one day I'll take the time to make a "professional" looking one, or perhaps not.

attachment.php

Works great. You can clearly see how much oil is flowing through the drip chamber and the clear section above the valve lets you see when you're almost empty. I intend to add a site level on the side of the tank as well.

aggie, is the secondary tube 1/4" i.d.?? I've got pretty much all that laying around too. I'm glad you said something about the 1/4 turn valve. I have a couple of those in the toolbox from installing a reverse osmosis unit under a customer's aquarium!

aggie, is the secondary tube 1/4" i.d.?? I've got pretty much all that laying around too. I'm glad you said something about the 1/4 turn valve. I have a couple of those in the toolbox from installing a reverse osmosis unit under a customer's aquarium!

I think it's 3/8" but 1/4" should work.

Aux. Oiler control valve

Neat !!! I just love gizmos* Outstanding example of 'southern engineering!!!

Judge

* gizmo-a gadget, contraption, device or control that is particularly useful for a specific job.

I put two valves on my oiler, one to control the flow amount(that I leave on all the time) and one for on and off. This way I don't have to fuss with tuning in the flow amount every time. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back