Mac Super Pro 60 Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lion Gator

Reaction score
I bought an old Mculloch super pro 60(well, two of em, kind of) with the intent of returning it to somewhat irregular service. For the most part what i need to do i can do with a home depot special, a cheap homelite or poulan 16 inch or something like that. Sometimes not so much. Two days ago I had a 30 inch oak come down due to root rot and yesterday i burned up the poulan on green hardwood. Probably shouldve expected that. So this morning i went and talked to a guy i saw on craiglist about an old mculloch because we had one as a kid and i remember how much of a workhorse the old machine was.
And this guys got everything that runs or used to run, clearly a tinkerer and pretty good at it. The kind of backyard that'll make pickers and mothers cry for very different reasons. But a man can only tinker with so much in the hours he has, and he seems far more interested in the go-cart with an old 240 engine in it.
So I end up walking away with two super pro 60s both with fantastic compression, one complete and the other missing the plate that goes over the clutch, the air cleaner, and the caps for gas and lube which i intend to serve as a parts donor. The carburetor on machine 2 is clogged but intact and itll run on starter fluid so the electrical side is fine too. Everything on machine #1 seems to be fine except for the chain and bar, and I am going to go to home depot and get a new set for it here shortly. It looks like a modern bar should fit just fine. Not terribly surprising its shot though, considering you gotta work that oiler button. And if there is an auto oiler, it works pretty minimally.
Anything I can do about that without immediately having to take at least one of these machines apart? Possibly fill it with fresh fluids and expect it to start flowing better over time, like a diesel that sat too long? Or am i gonna have to disassemble and clean it and possibly do a part swap? If anyone could point me towards a manual i would appreciate it as well. I did search the beg for manuals section as well as try to do a lookup on your site as well as google, no dice. Maybe i didn't look good, maybe its hard to find or not there. Dunno.
Many thanks

Latest posts

Back