Manual oiler/pump for old craftsman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Gilchrist

Reaction score
Howdy do everyone, I'm repairing this old beast of a saw (craftsman 358.356090-3.7) and I'm having trouble finding a replacement part for the oiler assembly. Sears parts direct shows most everything related to this model as "discontinued with no replacement" and doesn't show a part# that I can cross reference with. I know it's a poulan built saw and I've found plenty of oilers for the smaller cc saws with 358.35 numbers matching but none matching the last 4 digits 6090. Can any of you fine gentlemen guide me toward a seller with this oiler assembly in stocks with proper part numbers. I've searched chainsawr. Com and it shows everything the same way as SPD. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• 20230801_210418.jpg
    20230801_210418.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230801_210506.jpg
    20230801_210506.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 0
Here is the serial number to the saw, it is a gray and black color. If anyone can give me a poulin part number for the oiler/pump assembly I would be very grateful

Attachments

• 20230801_210448.jpg
    20230801_210448.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 0
You first say your looking for a part for the oiler, then later say your looking for a oiler assembly. Which is it? What exactly are you looking for?

That saws 40+ years old so of course parts are NLA.

You first say your looking for a part for the oiler, then later say your looking for a oiler assembly. Which is it? What exactly are you looking for?

That saws 40+ years old so of course parts are NLA.
The whole kit and kabootel , I was meaning (at first) part number I guess my thoughts got ahead of my fingers and left "number" out. I also figured parts would be my biggest challenge soon as i layed eyes on the saw. But this gentleman is a 85 year old treasure that asked me to restore his saw that he bought new. So my Google searches lead me to this site where I had confident hopes that you gentleman could provide the last piece of the puzzle that I'm missing which is a "part number or numbers" for replacing the entire oiler system. Which I am still searching for

Here you go, this is the part number for the complete oiler assembly 530010352. So you know this is a Poulan 3400 oiler and there the same on 3700 and 4000 saws as well.

Did you pull it apart to see exactly whats wrong with that oiler? I have seen a lot of times its just the pickup line that is broken from age.

Back