Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBolds442

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Did any of you see the movie Avatar? When they blew up the tree did you guys think to yourself. I wounder how many cords ya can get from that tree and what size saw am I going to need......It is an illness lmao

LMFAO, unfortunately that is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw that part, but to go along with that I thought, "Man, those would be some huge rounds to split and I hope it isn't Elm." It truly is a disease. Love it!

Did anyone else notice that they were blasting it completely against the tree's lean? When the tree dropped I thought "No way it would fall that direction!"

I thought the very same thing! Even my wife and kids said something about it.
I was thinking about how to mount a hydro saw on that armor suit to cut with. I'd say a 100 inch bar 300cc and the other arm would be a clamp, could sling some wood with that now couldn't ya?
Can you tell I haven't cut in a few days lol

I have to admit, I didn't think about how much wood was in the tree. But I did think that it sure would be nice to have one of those suits to swing a maul with a 6 way wedge at the end. Hey it is scifi so I can think about a maul with a 6 way head.

That is funny.We rented that movie the other day, and when the tree started going over the wife and my daughter turned around and looked at me.
"What?What are you looking at me for?"
They both grinned,and my wife said, "Just wanted to see if you were trying to do the math....9000ft tall, 300ft across, hmmm, 9 million cords?":greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back