Ax men the show.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Would anyone know what chainsaws do the tree cutters use? Looks like mostly Husky. Does anyone know what size and bar?

Would anyone know what chainsaws do the tree cutters use? Looks like mostly Husky. Does anyone know what size and bar?

The Huskys look like 385s and 395s, there has been a 660 and I think a 440 or 460 Stihl, and a Jonny on the last episode. The bars look like 32 and/or 36, and these are West Coast guys, so they probably run skip chain and have full wrap bars.

Any more questions?

Mark

The Huskys look like 385s and 395s, there has been a 660 and I think a 440 or 460 Stihl, and a Jonny on the last episode. The bars look like 32 and/or 36, and these are West Coast guys, so they probably run skip chain and have full wrap bars.

Any more questions?

Mark

Yeah, what are the winning numbers for tonights lotto? j/k

I reconized the 395's, but I couldn't tell you what the rest were. I'm very new to chainsaws. I have a Husky 350, 261 and 372xp. I've been keeping my eye open for a bigger saw. I'm always wonder what they used.

I'm very new to chainsaws. I have a Husky 350, 261 and 372xp. I've been keeping my eye open for a bigger saw.

Now I would say you have a very bad start to CAD. Most new (to chain saws) guys are looking for their first saw not their 4th. :greenchainsaw:

:cheers:

Any more questions?

Mark

I am a west coast guy and I run full comp chisel on my 32"s... A much smoother ride, and they stay sharp a lot longer! My 385xp pulls it with no problem at all, Doug Fir is nice and creamy compared to hardwoods. In fact, three of the most respected and best fallers I know run full house chisel too.

axemen

Dwaine runs a j-red 2186, in the first episode he was running a 395xp, but it prolly poped.......it sounded like it was on it's last leg anyhow. Dwaine's son duston runs a 385xp. I've seen a couple 372xp's, stihl 460's, 066's,660's. The bar's range from 28" to 36" from what I've seen so far, all skip chain. Weather these saws are modded or not....I still don't know. I know atleast one 066 was worked over just by the way it idleled and cut. Duston's 385xp is a screamer and sounded pretty deep throated and loud...it might be.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Last edited:
I realy like the show, but the directors could stand to tone down the constant "this can kill you in a second" or "that can rip you arm off before you know it" rants. Im just waiting for the episode were the office gal talks about nearly losing her eye in a pencil sharping accident.

Dwaine

I'd work in the woods with Dewain... He seems like a really good egg... And he's funny. :)

I'd hire dwaine to cut for me if I owned a company out west......you can tell he is a 30 year vetran cutter....he uses the west coast cutting style really well. He knows what he is doing.......:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

DeWayne

"I'd work in the woods with Dewain.....

I'd hire dwaine to cut for me......
"

Concur.

He has a lot of God given talent.

He is very typical for one handing the saw and some other bad habits.
But, I doubt that he is going to get hurt other than leg running hiking injuries.

He sure looks smooth with a saw and is very alert to the world above.

He realizes his days in the woods are numbered and he cares about others.

one hading

"I'd work in the woods with Dewain.....

I'd hire dwaine to cut for me......
"

Concur.

He has a lot of God given talent.

He is very typical for one handing the saw and some other bad habits.
But, I doubt that he is going to get hurt other than leg running hiking injuries.

He sure looks smooth with a saw and is very alert to the world above.

He realizes his days in the woods are numbered and he cares about others.

There are times that you have to one-hand the saw at times. And if you have the dogs set it is less dangerous. I only do it when the dogs are set though, and only on certain situations.:greenchainsaw: :cheers::greenchainsaw:

granted

Granted, running the saw one-handed is dangerous. But then again what isn't anymore, he11 even driving your truck/car down the road is. You could be hit head on, and killed instantly from a drunk driver. But then again, what would life be without a little danger? If you hire someone that is a vetran cutter or just a good cutter, they might do some things dangerous but they will lay the trees on the ground, that's for sure. That's who I would hire.........:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

ppe

THERE IS NO SAFETY LESSON ON THAT SHOW WHAT SO EVER HAVE A BRAIN
WILL TRAVEL:angry2:

Latest posts

Back