ax men

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got done watchin it a bit ago. pretty awsome. cant wait for 10PM next sunday to come for the next episode.

i'd be careful calling any west coaster a lumberjack... liable to get your head knocked off

I missed it too - but because I get up early. Checked the guide and it is on again at 2:00 am - ooyyyy! Thats not any better. Need to get a tivo.

We generally call them loggers. Sometimes specific as young guys are choker setters, then fellers, some operators. Known for their muddy but decently nice pickups in town. Lumberjack might be a regional name? Ax men isn't used.

I watched it too. Wasn't really what I had hoped for. I thought maybe there would be more technical demonstrations or challenges with solutions.

Never stand next to a big pile of wire rope when it is very quickly unwinding being pulled by something beyond your control!!

Never stand next to a big pile of wire rope when it is very quickly unwinding being pulled by something beyond your control!![/QUOTE]

That guy is L U C K Y :dizzy:

I watched it in HD, pretty cool.... Was amazed at how much cabling and machinery were used... and working in the Northwest would be so hard with all the rain. The photographer for Stump-Branch Logging (Melvin's crew) is a member here at AS, she posted a 'head up' and a link to their site about a month ago.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=60808

I watched it too with a lot of anticipation and I really enjoyed it. Here in West Virginia logging is big business, but there are definite differences in terrain and forest size. Some of the equipment is different too.:clap:

We generally call them loggers. Sometimes specific as young guys are choker setters, then fellers, some operators. Known for their muddy but decently nice pickups in town. Lumberjack might be a regional name? Ax men isn't used.

I watched it too. Wasn't really what I had hoped for. I thought maybe there would be more technical demonstrations or challenges with solutions.

Never stand next to a big pile of wire rope when it is very quickly unwinding being pulled by something beyond your control!!

Re: axe-men. I had never heard that term used to describe loggers. Do they really do it? I grew up in N Idaho back when the big stick virgin timber was coming out 2 or 3 logs making a load.

That idiot playing around witht that wire being uncoiled needs a brain transplant.

Harry K

The whole episode is on mininova. It's about 360 MB. Need a torrent client to download it. I missed it and watched this way.

Cheers!

Sid

Back