Axe identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good morning. I have a friend who was asked to help clean out an old tavern which has been closed since the '50's. Among the many things that were found was a double edged axe, brand new with the cardboard cover on it and the sale tag stating Montgomery Wards. I have attached a picture. Looks like an ash handle, straight, but I didn't measure the length. Anyone want to add information to the find? Who actually made axes for Montgomery Wards (Sears also?), or whatever. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    836 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    717.3 KB · Views: 3
Good morning. I have a friend who was asked to help clean out an old tavern which has been closed since the '50's. Among the many things that were found was a double edged axe, brand new with the cardboard cover on it and the sale tag stating Montgomery Wards. I have attached a picture. Looks like an ash handle, straight, but I didn't measure the length. Anyone want to add information to the find? Who actually made axes for Montgomery Wards (Sears also?), or whatever. Thanks.
Check out the compilation of axe history at this link. https://www.yesteryearstools.com/Yesteryears Tools/Home.html

Back