Back to School - An investment in your future

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwor

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, folks, summer is winding down and soon it will be time for all the young'uns and not so young'uns to head back to the classroom. If I can have a moment of your time, here is something to consider.

Do you have that young fellow just out of high school that has worked out great this summer and made you a lot of money? Can you keep him busy all winter so that he will be there next year? Wouldn't it be great if he came back next year with a good basis knowledge of all aspects of the business, so that you could mold him into the perfect employee? Well, here is your chance.

For somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,000 or less, you could encourage him to enroll in the one year urban forestry diploma program at MSU-Bottineau in the scenic Turtle Mountains of North Dakota. He would be able to study under, in my opinion, the best arborist/educator in the region, and learn to grow and care for trees in an environment that most of you will never get the experience to work in. If they will live here, they will live anywhere.

It is a major part of a person's education to be able to get out into the world and experience as much as possible. You get to meet new people, with differing ideas and ways of doing things - some better some worse. You may find something you like better than at home (ie. the three ex-students from Florida and Louisiana who can no longer go home during the winters since they can not stand the cold down there.)

Consider helping a young person get a good start in the industry. Invest a small amount in their future. You send me an interested student, I will send you a budding arborist.

For more information, PM me. This is a really cheap investment in both time and money to further your business.

Back