Bad feedback here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt respond to an email like everyone says. I had fifty cellphones listed on my account. I have to say they took care of the problem quickly though, I just don't need the aggrevation.

I had a guy list a motor cycle on my ebay account about a year ago. I caught it instantly (with in an hour) and had it shut down. From what we figured is that it happened when I clicked on an ebay listing for some tools and then the listing asked me for user name and password. Seeings how I was already in ebay I thought nothing of it and I typed it in the boxes. the page took forever to load and then I got a page that I was not even looking for. Ebay said that they usually find operations like this but this one got through. Any how I changed passwords and report any listing that comes up extra slow and if it takes too long I click off and I never resign in with out starting over from the home page.

Marky, here is a question for you. Can pass words be seen by the operators of a forum page? I have always been paranoid of this and so every forum or page that I have to use a pass word; I use a completely differant password so that if some how some one gets one off of a site they do not have access to my entire life. Am I too paranoid?

Seller bidding on his own auction ebay

Seller on ebay --loyar-co (e-mail [email protected])

He is useing the name Mstelr2 (0) to bid on his auction. I e-mailed Mstelr2 through ebay and told would be buyer he needed to up his bid to win that he always stoped just below the amount a buyer would bid. He had not won the first auction
When I bidded on one of his auction the only buyer that bided againt me was mstelr2 (0) :mad:

I'm curious to know what eBay does when a clear pattern of shill bidding is brought to their attention. One of the guys who used to sell a lot of saws (I don't recall the name, but I do know that I haven't seen him on eBayware recently) had a suspicious # of -0- Auctions Won bidders.

klickitatsacket said:
Marky, here is a question for you. Can pass words be seen by the operators of a forum page? I have always been paranoid of this and so every forum or page that I have to use a pass word; I use a completely differant password so that if some how some one gets one off of a site they do not have access to my entire life. Am I too paranoid?

You are NOT too paranoid. This is good practice. Keep it up.

Chris J. said:
I'm curious to know what eBay does when a clear pattern of shill bidding is brought to their attention. One of the guys who used to sell a lot of saws (I don't recall the name, but I do know that I haven't seen him on eBayware recently) had a suspicious # of -0- Auctions Won bidders.

Ebay claims that they will close the accounts of both shills and sellers who use them. One problem with that, ebay makes money off shills and sellers. As long as the shill aided sellers keep paying their fees ebay has no economic incentive to stop them. This is why you need a little displine to be a smart bidder. A seller will eventually go broke paying fees on items that don't really sell and then be forced to stop using shills. If you suspect shill bidding just cancel your bid and say "my mistake". Let the seller buy his own stuff and then pay fees on top of it. Someone needs to sponsor a eBay forum so we can keep this stuff out of this one.
John...

066 ebay screw job

i just recieved my 066 that i bought on ebay. the description said that the saw was a great runner, started great and ran great. no bar, just powerhead. he also said that it had great compression. hmm, with a description like that, wouldn't ya think that's a great saw?
well, i FINALLY got it yesterday..opened the box..:dizzy: :deadhorse:
heres the list of visible bad things...wrong top cover(decomression valve is sticking through a carved hole in the cover), grabber bent slightly, no id tag visible (where else is the serial #and model#?), bottom of case is severly pitted, pieces broken out (probably not real important parts, but broken out just the same), a weld on each side of the case where the vibration dampers mount, and a crack in the case next to one of the welds (not huge, but visibly cracked)
i tried pullin it over at first, and it didn't have good compression at all, but i cleaned out the decompression valve and it got a lot better, actually feels ok. i looked at the cylinder and piston through the exhaust port, and they look pretty scored, but most of them arent' too deep. i also tested it after i put a few drops of turbine oil in the cylinder, and the saw hung by the starter handle for a second or so before it bled off. it seems to have decent compression, but the saw is really beat up.
maybe i should have known what to expect, buying off ebay, but the guy even reassured me that this would be a great saw for my new business. anyways, i sent him a message, and told him i was not happy at all, and that he didn't describe the same saw that he sent me, and gave him the option to make it right, before i give him some bad feedback or before i mention his username on AS. he has 2 days. it sounds like there is pretty much nothing else i can do about it, it sounds like he usually makes good on his deals, so we'll see. i wont mention his name or location until this matter is resolved, so he has every opportunity.

Last edited:

I tell all my friends quit buying used saws unless it's just for parts for every one good deal you hear about the other 9 will bite you in the a$$

wradman said:
I tell all my friends quit buying used saws unless it's just for parts for every one good deal you hear about the other 9 will bite you in the a$$

Tell them Brother all about the great deals on eBay. Worlds Largest Junk Yard
I am with you on how you feel about the deal Taken a man's word as the truth and he is telling you a lie.

used saws

My brother in law has been hounding me for 3 months to sell him one of my used 288's. i kept saying no but he is very persistant that he doesn't want to spend over 1000 for a new big saw. so i pulled out one of my older working saws, check the piston go right through the whole saw,new plug .starter rope,fuel filter etc. Even if i do everything i can all he has to do is put staight gas in it once ,or if by some fluke the bottom end goes out i'm a jerk. oh well i hate selling used saws, i wont' buy a used saw. I gave him 30 days warranty on the engine only now i have to worry for the next 30 days damn it.

message for MacDaddy

got the 4 chains........wanted 9/16 pitch.............got 3 that are 1/2inch and only one 9/16. Will still keeep the 1/2 inch as spares but what can i say......I did not get what i paid for.
This is what this forum is all about.......to leave feedback:jawdrop: :confused: :cheers: .......no hard feelings.......
....................Alain,

Jack Russell said:
Seller on ebay --loyar-co (e-mail [email protected])

He is useing the name Mstelr2 (0) to bid on his auction. I e-mailed Mstelr2 through ebay and told would be buyer he needed to up his bid to win that he always stoped just below the amount a buyer would bid. He had not won the first auction
When I bidded on one of his auction the only buyer that bided againt me was mstelr2 (0) :mad:

This guy also has close to 40 mutual withdrawals. Pay attention to those. Every one I saw flamed him but a mutual withdrawal the bad rating goes away. Gotta be a bonehead if he has a lot of those. Also, alot of sellers leave things vague on purpose-easy to see as they tell you nothing. Same as lying. I agree with curt-. Also, never hit buy it now or bid without reading the entire ad and viewing the pictures first-ever! I also look at feedback and mutual withdrawals prior to bidding and read what was said on both sides. What I've learned.

caporal30 said:
got the 4 chains........wanted 9/16 pitch.............got 3 that are 1/2inch and only one 9/16. Will still keeep the 1/2 inch as spares but what can i say......I did not get what i paid for.
This is what this forum is all about.......to leave feedback:jawdrop: :confused: :cheers: .......no hard feelings.......
....................Alain,
Please send the 1/2 back and I will refund your money Because 1/2 is worth more Thanks Mike

Can I leave feed back about a deal on this site and about a person on this site. (i think i can but i should ask) Shoerfast would be the one I would like to talk about

Yup, that's what the thread is for. This is the Bad feedback thread, there is also a good feedback thread

I sold an 660 mag to shoerfast, sent him pics and talk to him on the phone many times about this saw. I sent it out to him, when he did get the saw he thought it was the worst thing ever. Thats fine I said and would return his money in full as soon as i seen the saw back. Just like a return to the store you bring it back to the store for a return. I would have done this if he would of stop calling me a lier and a thef and told me that I stole the saw and sold it to him and so on. I really would have made it right with him becuz IM NOT A STEALLING type person. So i did talk to a lawer about it and sent him all the P.M. that shoerfast sent me on this site. I didnt want to go this far with a 400 chain saw problem but thats all and be very careful on doing deal with shoerfast. I could go futher in this but I wont on thes thread. If any one has any ???? about this problem I would like to speak with them on the Phone.

Jack Holden
(269)838-2011

Latest posts

Back