Bailey's 2007 = DOLMAR!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya...when I called the place in Butler, they did not know that the 5100 existed. I then told the guy to check his catalog. He got back on the phone and said "oh yeah, that it is a great saw". lol

Sorry Ben, but you're ducking the question here. I'll try again.

Why do the big retailers I mentioned have no interest in the parts and service side of the business? With all of their "volume sales", they would be first in line for "volume" parts and service business, which you have stated is where the money is.
Because at their core these types of company's are sales orientated. When a person shops at Slowes or Home Despot they know the service sucks, but chose to anyway because of the substantial cost savings.
These company's have no interest in hiring skilled personal and or the training it takes to have a competent parts and service department. Their business model is simply to sell as much crap as they can to take advantage of volume buying power with out being pinned down supporting such sales. It matters not if your talking kitchen cabinets or saws.
BTW I cnat for the life of me figure out why husky delaers are so ticked of about box store sales. they only sell the dregs of the Husky line and when Joe homeowner needs parts and service he goes to the local guy anyway. Sooner or latter Joe will find out that Home Despot only sells junk saws and will be back at the local dealer buying a quality saw.

Husky dealers arent only pissed off with them moving into Lowes its the whole setup they have now. You have to buy everything they sell in order to get a decent discount or to be listed on the internet.

If you only sell saws and trimmers they will not support you on their website. Prices have gone down on models and dealer price has gone up, its the system they have as a whole that makes everyone mad, some just choose to mention Lowes and not the other stuff.

I just recieved my new bailey's catalog and saw that they sell dolmar and wanted a 5100s so i looked on their website and did not see it listed so i called them they informed me that these dolmar saw were not good sellers.
He also had to check on if he could sell the only one left in stock to me
So i bought it and it should be ariving in a week
I cant wait
Im used to using a jonsered 520sp and husky 55 classic for about 5 cords a year and was wondering how the 5100 will compare

Thanks

How many days were the Dolmars available thru Baileys? Seems a little odd to say they're not good sellers. If they only had one left, what happened to the rest of them, I wonder?

How many days were the Dolmars available thru Baileys? Seems a little odd to say they're not good sellers. If they only had one left, what happened to the rest of them, I wonder?

how many did they have to start with?

how many did they have to start with?

Samething I was thinking Sugar, surely they had more than just a couple in the building. Oh well I know of one more Dolmar that going to be sold in the real near future,hehe....

That quote was very old.

Fred

BTW I cnat for the life of me figure out why husky delaers are so ticked of about box store sales. they only sell the dregs of the Husky line and when Joe homeowner needs parts and service he goes to the local guy anyway. Sooner or latter Joe will find out that Home Despot only sells junk saws and will be back at the local dealer buying a quality saw.

Ben; I'm with you 100% on this one. Slowes and TSC both only sell from the 455 on down, and not all of the models. They really don't affect my business all that much. The box store customer and my customer are really quite different. I think that my main gripe is that these stores are given a free pass when it comes to standing behind the product, and that dealers are expected to cheerfully fill that void, and shore up the box stores one glaring weakness.

Show me where Bailey's said they were not good sellers. Apparently i missed something.

Fred

I think a JD lawn tractor dealer would agree with this idea also. They got the short end of the stick and were expected to pick up the slack of the box stores.

How much have Husky margins reduced over the last 10 years? Are you Husky guys still making close to the same % based on MSRP?

Show me where Bailey's said they were not good sellers. Apparently i missed something.

Fred

I just recieved my new bailey's catalog and saw that they sell dolmar and wanted a 5100s so i looked on their website and did not see it listed so i called them they informed me that these dolmar saw were not good sellers.
He also had to check on if he could sell the only one left in stock to me
So i bought it and it should be ariving in a week
I cant wait
Im used to using a jonsered 520sp and husky 55 classic for about 5 cords a year and was wondering how the 5100 will compare

Thanks

scott

Husky dealers arent only pissed off with them moving into Lowes its the whole setup they have now. You have to buy everything they sell in order to get a decent discount or to be listed on the internet.

(2) of the Husky dealers I could find in my area, had dropped the saw line, because they would not agree to buy the manditory number of tractors. So in effect, I have no more servicing/retailing Husky dealers in my area. Guess what brand saw these shops now now sell? Stihl.

Of the Dolmar (4) dealers in my area, (2) did not have saws in stock, another had a bat cave show room which was hard to find, and the best Dolmar dealer prospect was almost an hour away.

I'm sure other parts of the country present a completely different picture regarding sales/service support. For me, Stihl & Echo offer the best support.

Not the same % as it was 10 - 15 years ago but that deals with almost everything.

The only Co. we deal with that has everything togeter is Honda, prices went up this year as far as mSRP as well as dealer cost but they actually gave us a little better percentage.

Husky has gone to a new system and unless you are a big guy buying 100k+ selling everything they put their name on you dont get very good treatment. Doesnt matter if you buy $75k a year from them selling mostly handheld, if you dont get into mowers and their Z's or generators they wont support you by putting you business name on their site.

Stihl did the same thing by having their dealers get the best discount if you only sold their stuff with no competeing equipment. I guess its not the same but coming close.

It just seems manufactures are making it harder for dealers to offer what they want and give their customers an option.

(2) of the Husky dealers I could find in my area, had dropped the saw line, because they would not agree to buy the manditory number of tractors. So in effect, I have no more servicing/retailing Husky dealers in my area. Guess what brand saw these shops now now sell? Stihl.

Of the Dolmar (4) dealers in my area, (2) did not have saws in stock, another had a bat cave show room which was hard to find, and the best Dolmar dealer prospect was almost an hour away.

I'm sure other parts of the country present a completely different picture regarding sales/service support. For me, Stihl & Echo offer the best support.

Funny thing here is that the Rep. never pushed Dolmar on us, he never brought them up. We are the only dealer that sells them in our area that has stock on the saws.

I swear the Rep. messed his pants when we put in our first order. He was very excited and you could tell in his face and how he spoke.

But we will run with it and see where it takes us, so far the guys are really happy and we have only been a dealer for a few months.

Stckciv

Where are you located? Glad to see that you've taken on Dolmar. Give it a fair chance and see where it leads you. I like Dolmar and their representatives for the fact that their equipment isn't being pushed upon me. I handle what I want and make my own decisions. It's nice to have control.

I didn't know about Husky forcing equipment on dealers. I can understand how Stihl would give a "Stihl Only" dealer a leg up. Snapper used to do this also.

The difference is that no-one from 1,000 miles away will bid on and follow through with tree jobs in your back yard. Any manufacturer needs to compete with its rivals, not to have its dealers compete against themselves, like it or not this makes more business sence than you want to admit.

Sedanman,
I hate to differ, but there is a company from Florida who works gentlemen from other less fortunate countries that does a lot of forest thinning projects here. There is another company from California who draws from the same workforce pool who does quite a bit of work here. It's hard to compete with these guys, but we have to. Why should it be any different on the retail end?

Andy

I actually love the Dolmar saws. I talked a friend of mine into being a dealer, and I feel kinda bad about it. I think the main problem is with the reps. My friend said that so far their rep has forgoten to place his order for him 4 or 5 times. He was waiting for a 7300 he ordered for 3 weeks, the customer got tired of waiting and got his money back. Turns out the rep never ordered it for him.
I hope Dolmar gets this worked out, because I like their product.

Andy

Back