baileys stock piston & cyl. kit for an 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjayfromwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up another free 026 and this one has a toasted piston and cylinder. I was thinking about grabbing a new kit from baileys, but my question is do i also need a honing tool for it also?
Since i've heard you want to hone it out for any left over mold imperfections on the exhaust port?

I havent tried their oem kits before and am trying to keep the cost down, since i'm thinking i will just sell it off once its fixed. (i already have a good running 026)
since the kit is $100, then the honing tool, the brush to clean it out, honing oil, etc..not to mention my time involved. since i figure the saw is probably worth 2-250. i'll probably hardly ever use this stuff again unless by chance i get another burnt one this size.

Just curious about your thoughts and/or experiences

Sell it to me???

LOL, if you can find a good used cylinder, a member here has oem pistons cheap. I would try that before going chicom, opps, I mean Taicom.

Let me know if you need his name......

Last edited:
You won't need to use a hone on a new Baileys cylinder. BTW, they are not OEM...

If you want to drive up to Woodinville, I have what you want right in my home garage... and maybe even another 026 project saw.... ;) PM me for a phone number...

i bought a new piston from that member (was as described "new stihl":) ), cleaned up the cylinder and put my 50 $$ MS260 back together and she roared back to life:chainsaw: .
the big test will be over the weekend to see if she stays together .

i bought a new piston from that member (was as described "new stihl":) ), cleaned up the cylinder and put my 50 $$ MS260 back together and she roared back to life:chainsaw: .
the big test will be over the weekend to see if she stays together .

A great person, almost gave me a bunch of 038 parts, shipping barely covered what I paid. Great members on this place.

Latest posts

Back