BAM!!!!! C.A.D. strikes again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieG

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Still waiting on the darn two week old Dolmar PS-420, in for warranty work at the local Dolmar Dealer. Strolling through the Depot and there's an open box refurb in the power tool section, an Echo CS-450 w/ 20" bar (yeah I know...way too big). Anyway it was marked to $280. Met with the Manager to discuss the price and he said "well how about 1/2 off the original price ($389)...make it $194.50". Closer examination revealed no oil in the saw, and was run by the refurb place only to test. Borrowed a T handle hex from the rental section and popped the muffler just to make sure. Apparently never run more than to test :). Picture that IKEA commercial:msp_tongue:. Any way, ordered up a 16" Arbor MAX bar and Woodland Pro chain from Bailey's. Get into some wood soon enough, hopefully with the Dolmar PS-420, too.

Good price on a new saw, congrats.

Chris, Echo doesn't get much love around here. There are a few that swear by 'em but not many.

Jan 2011 saw.

Echo saws are not Hi Perf saws, but have been dead on reliable for me in the past. And at that price :D.

Good price on a new saw, congrats.

Chris, Echo doesn't get much love around here. There are a few that swear by 'em but not many.

The AS members here now are generally a lot more accepting than the core members were about six years ago. One of these days I'm going find a good CS-520 topend to install on my cooked CS-440, even though I don't need another 50cc class saw.

Good deal! Sounds like you have a pretty decent local HD. Snagged a DCS6401 last year for a LOW price (saw had seen 10 rentals). It was an administrative pricing error, but HD stuck to their guns as I made the trip in.
I stop in from time to time, but havent scored anything lately.

It was between the PS-420 and the Echo CS 400, so when the 450 popped up for that price, I couldn't say no. Can't wait to put the 16" bar and Woodland chain on.

Latest posts

Back