Ban on wood buring in NYC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't politics, this is RICO and organized crime and theft, fraud, etc masquerading as science and representative government "politics". Same as the vast bulk of other epa/blm/abc, etc dotgov BS. Just more examples of the criminal kleptocracy at work. They can call it politics all they want, but a horse with a phony horn on it's head is not a unicorn. We just have various millionaires and billionaires gangs running everything.

If they can't get a cartel lock on it, they start voodoo science regulations against it. They use a little tiny bit of real science then go way way overboard with it to foment more asset stripping and looting. Spotted owl and Canadian lynx are classic examples. Basically ignoring vast forest fires and cargo ships bunker fuel burning, then blaming peoples wood burning appliances for air pollution..uh huh.

Just the idea you can have a discussion about 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' without it being political is ridiculous. Everything about it is political in some way… it ain’t been about good ol’ boys tossin’ hunks of wood in a firebox for decades. The government regulates your wood-burning appliance, they regulate the noise and emission levels of the engines on all your wood harvesting equipment, they even regulate the fuel you use in them. States, or at least some of them, regulate how a quantity of firewood must be measured and sold… and now they’re talkin’ about regulating moisture content.

If you think a discussion board about 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' ain’t political… it’s about time you pull your fool head out’a the sand. Every time someone starts a thread praising their clean burning, “EPA” certified stove… well… I’m sorry to inform you of this… but that’s a 100% political thread.
A thread about muffler mods… 100% political… you do realize doing a muffler mod is illegal in many areas of the country… right??
Someone starts a thread about swappin’ the non-adjustable carb on their saw with an adjustable carb… 100% political… and also illegal in some areas.
How about chimneys and chimney liner requirements?? Well you’re talkin’ about regulation… and it’s 100% political.

(shrug) It-is-what-it-is… get over it.

Just the idea you can have a discussion about 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' without it being political is ridiculous. Everything about it is political in some way… it ain’t been about good ol’ boys tossin’ hunks of wood in a firebox for decades. The government regulates your wood-burning appliance, they regulate the noise and emission levels of the engines on all your wood harvesting equipment, they even regulate the fuel you use in them. States, or at least some of them, regulate how a quantity of firewood must be measured and sold… and now they’re talkin’ about regulating moisture content.

If you think a discussion board about 'Firewood, Heating and Wood Burning Equipment' ain’t political… it’s about time you pull your fool head out’a the sand. Every time someone starts a thread praising their clean burning, “EPA” certified stove… well… I’m sorry to inform you of this… but that’s a 100% political thread.
A thread about muffler mods… 100% political… you do realize doing a muffler mod is illegal in many areas of the country… right??
Someone starts a thread about swappin’ the non-adjustable carb on their saw with an adjustable carb… 100% political… and also illegal in some areas.
How about chimneys and chimney liner requirements?? Well you’re talkin’ about regulation… and it’s 100% political.

(shrug) It-is-what-it-is… get over it.
wellll, my likes and dislikes got shut off!!! but you are dead spot on!!!!! and the pc correct people,,that own a pc correct woodstove,,so they can tell others how to live,,,wellllllllll

I own a PC wood stove because I'm too lazy to throw 30% of my heat up the chimney. My house is super insulated tree hugging commie leftist approved because I'm too lazy to waste heat.

But, I must admit there is a bit of a political statement every time I fire up the stove and don't have to buy a gallon of heavily taxed petroleum product or a KWH of electricity with a dozen regulatory fees attached. That warms my soul as well as the fire warms my bones.

I own a PC wood stove because I'm too lazy to throw 30% of my heat up the chimney. My house is super insulated tree hugging commie leftist approved because I'm too lazy to waste heat.

But, I must admit there is a bit of a political statement every time I fire up the stove and don't have to buy a gallon of heavily taxed petroleum product or a KWH of electricity with a dozen regulatory fees attached. That warms my soul as well as the fire warms my bones.

I agree with you and support those ideas. I want to do that to, when I can afford it. Work for a pittance like I do and be staring at basically a rental unit, you sorta have to compromise a little. I don't waste wood when I have to cut it, I cut down to very small, all the species, and stack it, and run the zogger smogger dragon with no damper installed, so it is always burning hot. That's the best I can do right now for efficiency and air pollution. Should this get regulated, and they are talking about having government energy inspectors going through every single home and building that is heated in the country (sorry, no link handy but it is out there), I might be forced to stop heating with wood entirely, perhaps even not be allowed to live here without a huge fine or something. And I guess at that time if you say no, they will send heavily armed energy and pollution police mercenaries in to insist you comply with more regulations.

Thanks for posting that brewmonster. I got a good laugh out of it! That's an entirely different planet that happens to be sort of nearby.
I'm particularly envious of "...the two enormous stacks..." that one guy has. :D

So long as they keep that nonsense away from the other 99% of the state, I'll keep laughing.

A real shame it's warmed up and I can't send that smokey goodness towards NYC until the fall. Oh well they have plenty of pollution spewing vehicles to keep them happy I guess.

Latest posts

Back