Banding machine for bundles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was one post I read somewhere that the person was selling the bundle with a single strap put on with one big staple and his label said to burn the strap and all. Seems like that would sure cause grief with the buyers, to the point of complaints filed with the environmental agency of any state.

Seems a bit extreme to call the epa over something as trivial as a strap.

I use stretch wrap on my bundles and staple a piece of rope to it for a handle. Burn the rope with the firewood. There are much larger issues to tackle if you really want to help clean up the planet.

Ever meet or watch some of the bat crap crazy people who play environmentalist in the USA? Burning a strip of plastic them a case of vapors.

I designed my machine around the concept of stretch wrap which seems to work very well. My purpose was to speed up the bundling process only. Remember I am in California where problems exceed all expectations. The plan for bundles is to bring bundles home cut the wrap and burn just the wood while wrap goes into trash. Putting handles on wood could cause a great deal of harm. I have explored many types of carboard handles but the headache is not worth the effort. I see water bottles as a huge issue for the environment as they are everywhere. I like the ocean and many aspects of sailing. They line up on any beach that I have seen. Thanks

do not know the cost of a banding machine, or the cost of this Kindlet, but the Kindlet seems to take a lot of the work out of the process and presents a bundle that might appeal to campers and small stove owners

Another video showing it in more detail

I can't see much market for that in my area.

I had tried selling Super Cedars along with orders as well as in my bundle wood bin when I was doing that. Figured it would be a good add on product. Thankfully I didn't go full hog and get a ton with my logo and everything. I just bought 1 box to test.
I think I sold 6 in 3 years. :surprised3: I had them packed up 3 in a bundle for something like $5

I'm doing the firewood part time now, work 2 full times jobs, with one of those jobs where I'm gone from home several weeks at a time. Don't do bundle wood anymore, sold all that stuff last year. Was lots of time involved in that and I simply don't have that kind of time available anymore.

With bulk orders, there's always a bunch of smaller pieces that I leave in. I've always just stuck it in cracks, so it really doesn't even add to the volume of wood in teh truck. I've seen some people seperate it out when stacking the wood and put it in a bin for kindling.
When I heated with wood myself, I just loaded the stove, stuck in a 1/4 of a super cedar toward the bottom and light it with a torch.. Grew up fighting making fires with matches, newspaper, kindling, etc... lot of time wasted to save maybe $20 a winter.

I'm doing the firewood part time now, work 2 full times jobs, with one of those jobs where I'm gone from home several weeks at a time.
@ChoppyChoppy
I'm curious. How do you work 2 full time jobs when one of them has you gone for several weeks at a time?
2 full time (40 hr/wk, so 80 hours) would be impressive without being gone.

Latest posts

Back