Bandit pizza cutter tires

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a brush bandit 1390xp it has 17.5 rims with a very narrow tire. Has anyone put a different rim with floats on? This is to prevent marking the yard. Chipper does more damage than the 550 pulling it in. Also. I had the stock tires replaced with the widest 17.5 I could get. Still didn't help. I'd like to find something similar to the tire and rims they used to use on the Vermeer 1800a's. I plan on replacing the cheap diamond plate fenders

I have the same chipper and have the exact same problem. I asked about flotation tires when I bought it and the dealer just blew me off and said it wouldn't make any difference. Let me know if you try wider rims/tires. I think it would help a lot.

Should be able to find wheels lots of places, if you know the bolt circle, stud size, center hole size, and back spacing. That would be the distance from the inside of the back rim to the mounting flange. Take a wheel off and take it to a dealer if you don't know how to measure. They can get wheels to fit your machine and the tire you want to put on. If you know all the above, a junk yard may be able to help. The rim must be right for the tire you choose. I would pick something with a similar diameter, and the width I wanted, making sure the load rating was good, then find wheels to mate tire to machine.

Back