bandsaws on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliott

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Lately, ebay has some good milling equipment for sale. I don't know if they always have something good, but right now they do. They have a brand new Hud-son 18" with a current bid of about $1,600 and a new 30" (I forget the current bid, but it's much less than the retail value). They also have what seems to be some kind of a home-made 16" bandsaw currently at about $500. I also watched that Ripsaw sell several days ago (I was one of the losing bidders:angry: ). Anyways, I'm on the hunt for a mill, which I'll need soon. I asked questions in this forum about a csm versus a Ripsaw a couple months ago, but I haven't made a commitment to either one yet. Is there anyone in this forum with a lead about a bandsaw mill for sale? I fancy the idea of getting a mill similar to the Hud-son 18", but I haven't made a concrete decision about that. Any leads are appreciated. Happy New Years!

Of all the brands of bandsaws made i hear more complaints about the Hudsons than all of the others combined.

I really think the decision of what mill to buy really comes down to what kind of logs you have and what you expect out of the mill?

Without knowing that there's no way to recoment a mills..

Rob

aaaaannndddd---most of those hudsons have a reserve on them--and its real close to what they sell them for anyway--just to get you to bid on them---and as sawyer said--believe there are mills out there that cost lot less---and are better--theyre living off their name--

aaaaannndddd---most of those hudsons have a reserve on them--and its real close to what they sell them for anyway--just to get you to bid on them---and as sawyer said--believe there are mills out there that cost lot less---and are better--theyre living off their name--

You are definately correct here olyman, one of our members is living proof of this, the home made but professionally produced mill he has made is a top performer cost half the price of similar mills around and does the business perfectly and it can cut shingles and side boards without any major modifications, jigs etc.

I have a hudson Oscar28 it is not the best mill out there but for what I use it it works well . I have worked most of the bugs out. most of the logs I am milling have been given to me and most are almost to big for the mill to handle the smaller logs mill very well.the big ones sometimes do not mill so easy . the decision on what mill to buy depends on how muck cash you have to spend hudson is reasonable priced and work well but it is not the top of the line mill . what ever mill you buy get th biggest motor you can afford , being under powered sucks . second realize it's capisity and what size logs you are going tto have to mill I have not paid a dime for any of my logs . beggers cannot be choosers I take what I get, and burn the rest I do not mill in my out door wood stove .

Small mill

I also have been looking at small band mills. I demoed the Hudson 18 and was not really impressed. It did cut well but it is what it is - a small light weight mill with a small engine. The other mills you see on e-bay, 16" band mills, are also made by Hudson for their Chain saw shop (a different company from Hudson). You can call them at 315 896 4357. A couple a weeks ago they had one with some paint damage for $1600. It has a very week track 12' long and will cut a 9' log. It is interesting to see they sell them for $1799 at their shop and they go more then that on e-bay! Look into the Norwood lumberlite. I have done a great deal of research on small mills and this mill seems to be the best value. It is $2900, cuts a 24"log 12' long. I can't find anyone that will say a bad thing about this mill. I can not say this about Hudson. Let me know what you find out. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back