banner max and polyester hollow braid synthetic cable compatability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegar

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a synthetic cabling system made of polyester and my client has their tree sprayed with banner maxx on a yearly basis( don't know what banner max is besides a fungicide). Just wondering if the banner maxx will have any ill effects on the cable system.

Dilute on the synthetic system? Nominal. Man, I would lean heavy on discouraging a yearly broadcast of a catagory 3, Caution chemical. In fact, i might drop the client unwilling.

Banner Maxx is a DMI fungicide that has high resitance potential. I would let the client know that over use of this class of disease control, can lead to reduced effectiveness (to say the least). Anyone using it "yearly" clearly has issues with developing a "top flight" Plant Health Care program. I'd hire someone who rotates their products. As Ed said minimal (if any) effect at end-rate dilution.

Banner Maxx is a DMI fungicide that has high resitance potential. I would let the client know that over use of this class of disease control, can lead to reduced effectiveness (to say the least). Anyone using it "yearly" clearly has issues with developing a "top flight" Plant Health Care program. I'd hire someone who rotates their products. As Ed said minimal (if any) effect at end-rate dilution.

Sry for the hyperbole but It's pisspoor IPM to broadcast BannerMaxx on the same tree EVERY year. Gary, as is usual, states these facts with more tact than I. :rock:

Latest posts

Back