Bar and chain for 572xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes

Same bar and chain combo I have 24" then 36" although I don't have any 70cc saws. My suggestion to wagz was a 24 and 32 for his set up. A 20" on a modern ported 70cc saw is a waste of saw. Can always cut smaller stuff with longer bars, kinda hard to cut something really big with a 20" bar. Also my personal preference is to make as few cuts as possible. So having a "short" and long bar combo makes sense. Wagz can attest I have some big rounds sitting in the drive way. Takes ages to cut with a 20 or 24" bar. Heck takes more then a pass with the 36" for the one big round I got off to the side.

Yep, I'm hearing ya.
I just figured in this particular case- it would be a "one saw one bar" story- relative newcomer to the scene, not like the rest of us nuts that have umpteen dozen bars and saws to play with and choose from.
If that is indeed the case- 28"is where I would be headed. Two or more bars- whole different ball game. ;)

Missed if anyone said it, but I bought a 372xp x-torq a couple months ago with a 28" bar, and it does fine with full comp in hardwood. So my experience is it will pull it competently with no mods. This is it in a 32" sugar maple with 3/8" .058 Stihl RS. I chose the 28" only because I had big stuff to cut and it was the biggest thing I could find in stock anywhere local this side of a 395. I think 24" would be the sweet spot for this saw if you had to choose one bar.

Back